ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Just got home from watching Round 2 of the Outdoor Nationals. It was awesome! Way too hot for my liking, but I was so excited to be there, it didn't much matter. Ok, now for the good stuff. I left in the middle of the 2nd 125 Moto due to only 2 1/2 hrs of sleep the night before and a severe case of to much sun. This is what I can tell you...

1st 125 moto:
Grant Langston
Bobby Bonds
Ernesto Fonseca
(Pastrana came from 29 to a respectable 9th)

1st 250 moto:
Sebastian Tortelli
Mike Larocco
David Vellumin (sp?)
Kevin Windham
Ricky Carmichael

2nd 125 moto:
I only saw the first several laps of this race. Pastrana got tangled up in the first turn again and played catch up for the second time today. Fonseca and Bonds were in the front when I had to leave.

The conditions were typical dry hardpack Hangtown 100+ degrees with a slight breeze (thank goodness). Cudos to the brunette straight in line with the starting area just before the first turn that kept showing off her "you know whats".

Sorry for no finals on the 2nd motos...

Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
Those GP riders are fast! It's good to see the Honda's up there, well in the 250 class anyway. There 125 effort seems horrible. Maybe next year with a CRF250?? I'm happy to see Larocco got 3rd overall. Tortelli taking first and RC sitting in 2nd. Makes it interesting since RC hasn't won yet! Looks to be a great season so far, can't wait to watch Glen Helen on ESPN2 this weekend! Anyone know why it's delayed 2 weeks? The SX races were only 1 week later on TV.

hondaman22

Apr 30, 2001
Hangtown was hot!

Another great year at hangtown, but i wish this heat would leave.
Ryan Hughs got the Hole shot on the crf450 in moto 1, but couldn't keep the lead. He stalled two or three times and had a hell of a time starting the bike, plus a crash. Carmicheal had a horrible start in moto 1, but appeared to be the fastest rider of the day with Bobby Bonds in a close second. Kevin Windham did the usual, good starts up front but could not hang on. La-Rocket was mister consistant throughout the day. Mike Alessi won the 80cc exhibition class, man can this kid fly!!

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
Did anyone see the women race?

I was just hoping someone caught the women in action and could tell me a little bitabout how it all went.

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Yeah, I saw the Womens 2nd moto (which was sunday). Boy, are they fast. The girl that won was the girl (I think from Germany) that has won every moto the women have run so far. She is really dominating. She won by about 20 seconds or so. The girl that came in fourth was from Dublin, Ca (5 minutes from my house). It was neat to see a local there doing so well.

The women don't jump like the men, but I thought they were pretty impressive...

Top Bottom