Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
From Racer X:

Rumors have been going around for quite some time about Josh Hansen’s relationship with Joe Gibbs Racing coming to an end, and things definitely weren’t looking up at the last couple of rounds when Hansen failed to make the main events, but it’s now official. Josh Hansen is no longer with Joe Gibbs Racing effective immediately.

So what’s next? Hansen hopes to put together a deal of some sort to race the ESPN Moto X Championship in San Diego in a couple of weeks, and says that if he can get some solid equipment, he’d like to go race the outdoors this summer.

Any guess as to who the replacement maybe? Travis Preston perhaps?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I have often wondered how a kid that really never showed any sign of meeting his potential could keep getting deals to ride on teams while Privateers who consistently ran faster got overlooked. Did Gibbs sign him just for name recognition and an in with Yamaha?
There are so many deserving privateers out there I hope they sign one and he uses what they supply to show the little guys have it also

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Bubba is on the way. Gibbs will let him have any outside endorsements he wants and Yamaha will pay Gibbs a load of cash to secure the deal. We all know that Bubba's former tuner is already there and that has to be a plus...

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Great point Oldguy, perhaps Hansens contract was performance based. He didn't perform and was given his pink slip.

The JS thing with Gibbs has been going around the boards as of late. Time will tell my friends, I'll tell you that much!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
gren385 said:
Thank God Gracyk is 1 guy who should have a Factory ride...He is a true hero.the poor has ben thru so much! GO GAVIN GO!!!

Hmm.. Joe Gibbs Racing is not a factory team. Yes, they have factory support, but they are not a factory team.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
gren385 said:
Thank God Gracyk is 1 guy who should have a Factory ride...He is a true hero.the poor has ben thru so much! GO GAVIN GO!!!

I like Gavin, even donated money to his cause last year and he's been through some terrible personal tragedies but I'm not sure how that translates into him being one guy who should have a factory ride? Should factory rides be handed out for enduring hardship in life?

Gavin did quite well in the outdoors last year but has done little to nothing in SX this year, very few factory rides are handed out without SX results.

gren385

Feb 24, 2008
i know its not a factory team,its a support team but its a much better ride then he had!and i will say it again Gracyk should have a factory ride!!!!stop being a nit picker Indy

gren385

Feb 24, 2008
he got moved into the 250 class this year cause that was the only support he could get,hes a 450 rider thats why he didnt do well in sx this year
And u think DV12 really should b on a factory suz?he did crap all last year!Preston got Bubbas bike and he did nothin last year.and oh yeah Tedsco sucked all last year and got the honda deal.....

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
gren385 said:
And u think DV12 really should b on a factory suz?he did crap all last year!Preston got Bubbas bike and he did nothin last year.and oh yeah Tedsco sucked all last year and got the honda deal.....

DV12 as Roger Decoster stated was hired because he is capable of running in the top ten and is an excellent tester, they wanted as much for his testing capabilities as his results. DV12 also missed 3 rounds due to injury outdoors after getting run over at Millville and still only finished 11 points behind Gracyk.

Preston finished 13th in SX last year missing half the rounds due to injury otherwise he'd have easily been a top ten rider. Also a large part of the reason Preston got James bike this year was he was the best rider available who was not currently under contract.

And that horrible Tedesco finished 5th in SX last year and has several championships under his belt. He also would have easily surpassed Gracyk i points outdoors had he not missed 4 rounds due to injury outdoors.

Look I get it you like Gavin, but you really need to take off the rose colored glasses.

gren385

Feb 24, 2008
well i can see thru the rose colored glasses that Tedesco is ALLWAYS hurt so what good is he.
I know all these guys get banged up but it seems like some guys get hurt more than others

Top Bottom