BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Fred T said:
WOW! I really do have friends! I thought it was just around dinner time when I was grillin! Just kidding! Thanks everyone!!
I raise a toast to you at the AX this weekend. Probably a good thing I'm 800 miles away or I'd sleep next to your grill!:cool: mmmmmmmmmmmmm, grilled shrimp on the barbi!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I think that 144 & 200 has more guts than the new watered down 250 W's...You justa bout have to kick that W in the azz like an old broken down constipated horse to get it moving! :ride:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
I think that 144 & 200 has more guts than the new watered down 250 W's...You justa bout have to kick that W in the azz like an old broken down constipated horse to get it moving! :ride:

I agree, they have watered down the 250W's since my 2004 model, which I sold within 400 miles - I disliked it that much to take the loss.

But as I have seen posted (by Freddy and others on "that KTM" site) you can fix them with XC/SX parts - but all I remember was how big a "dog" that 04 was and how glad I was to trade it for a 200.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
katoom125 said:
I agree, they have watered down the 250W's since my 2004 model, which I sold within 400 miles - I disliked it that much to take the loss.

But as I have seen posted (by Freddy and others on "that KTM" site) you can fix them with XC/SX parts - but all I remember was how big a "dog" that 04 was and how glad I was to trade it for a 200.

Randy, bone stock the 2008 will smoke a 2004. I have plenty motor now, the SX head is just icing on the cake. DW is just pulling my chain, he needs to think about an e start with those camel knees he has now. :nod: If I ever bump into you, you can take it for a spin and see for your self. I am going to try to ride one more time next weekend and then it's going down for it's preseason refreshening. (Greaseing, cleaning, fresh Kendas and new plastic/graphix) Then I will be riding 2 enduros down south while you poor fellas are still staring at snow the first week in March. :nener:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Ya I told Fred about that head mod..... It works best with a Knarly pipe & EE silencer though.{Keen past that mod on to me in the beginning of the 07' season}. The 08’ W ignition mapping is different and feels like maybe port timing as well... Don’t mean to bag on anybody’s 250W as it’s a really nice bike.

I understand the SX heads are on backorder….Why TF didn’t KTM just put the SX or XC head on the damn bike to begin with???? Mods...UM lets see….Suspension / head / jetting / light kit…. Oh ya I almost forgot a NEW GAS CAP! :rotfl:

Red Yellow Green Blue Orange Purple...Pick a pretty color it's a clean wash in the end anyways :laugh:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
:laugh: I knew you would be chiming in about that old mans bike - You will never see me on a 2st with E-Start! If I can't kick my bike over then I damn sure don't belong on one…..BTW I’ll peddle farther than you will with my so called bad knees :nener:

Hey you ever think about a extended warranty plan for that 08' W?... :think:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
I read on the Internet that Lafferty, Bobbit and Knight all preferred the 200. But Ktm wanted them on the other stuff to clear out the warehouse. :whoa:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
TCTrailrider said:
I read on the Internet that Lafferty, Bobbit and Knight all preferred the 200. But Ktm wanted them on the other stuff to clear out the warehouse. :whoa:
Well I heard that too Denny but didn't say anything cause it would give Freddy a complex thingy...BTW Knight wanted the 300 - get your facts straight.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Haaaaappy Birthday to my pal, to my, to my pallll,,,,,, Happy Birthday to my pal,, my pal Fred Tttttt

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
TCTrailrider said:

Denny, I love ya man! You always have an angle iron in the fire.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
…..BTW I’ll peddle farther than you will with my so called bad knees

Yeah and then put Camel packs, er I mean ice packs on them rusted out Knees the rest of the day ya 'ol geezer. I hear the KX 5 hunny ice bike has a nice soft seat and that where you have been sitting all winter. Good luck in Wisconsin.

I'm off to the D 15 banquet.

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
OH yeah in your dreams the stock 250W or XC is waaay faster than a 144 or 200. And has a smoother power delivery to. Talk about Knight he wouldnt fit on a 200. and the euro's are all about momentem. Thats why they dominated at the canada WE. Azzhole your talken to marsholino are yourself to much. GO HOME AND GET SOME!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
nzambon said:
OH yeah in your dreams the stock 250W or XC is waaay faster than a 144 or 200. And has a smoother power delivery to. Talk about Knight he wouldnt fit on a 200. and the euro's are all about momentem. Thats why they dominated at the canada WE. Azzhole your talken to marsholino are yourself to much. GO HOME AND GET SOME!
Da fishin good! I think I'll toss this azzhole back in the water. ;)

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Happy birthday Fred,

You know, some of us are old enough to remember when you were the fastest guy in the woods...

OK, it was a couple of years ago...

Mike Sr.

Top Bottom