Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I borrowed this from one of my fav's..www.rvdailyreport.com

As you rush to complete your annual tax forms, consider these examples from the Washington Post on how your money was spent. This applies primarily to money allocated toward last year's stimulus package:

$300,000 for a GPS-equipped helicopter to hunt for radioactive rabbit droppings at the Hanford nuclear reservation in Washington state.
$30 million for a spring training baseball complex for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies.
$11 million for Microsoft to build a bridge connecting its two headquarter campuses in Redmond, Wash., which are separated by a highway.
$430,000 to repair a bridge in Iowa County, Wis., that carries 10 or fewer cars per day.
$800,000 for the John Murtha Airport in Johnstown, Pa., serving about 20 passengers per day, to build a backup runway.
$219,000 for Syracuse University to study the sex lives of freshmen women.
$3.4 million for a 13-foot tunnel for turtles and other wildlife attempting to cross U.S. 27 in Lake Jackson, Fla.
$9.38 million to renovate a 100-year-old train depot in Lancaster County, Pa., that has not been used for 30 years.
$6 million for a snow-making facility in Duluth, Minn.
$173,834 to weatherize eight pickup trucks in Madison County, Ill.
$380,000 to spay and neuter pets in Wichita, Kan.
$300 apiece for thousands of signs at road construction sites across the country announcing that the projects are funded by stimulus money.
$1 million to study the health effects of environmentally friendly public housing on 300 people in Chicago.
$148,438 for Washington State University to analyze the use of marijuana in conjunction with medications like morphine.
$462,000 to purchase 22 concrete toilets for use in the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri
$71,000 for a hybrid car to be used by student drivers in Colchester, Vt.
$1 million for Portland, Ore., to replace 100 aging bike lockers and build a garage that would house 250 bicycles.
Tax Blog
The National Institutes of Health are paying researchers $400,000 to cruise six bars in Buenos Aires to find out why gay men engage in risky sexual behavior while drunk -- and just what can be done about it.
Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick spent $430,000 to buy 65 cars for welfare recipients. The state pays for the car’s insurance, inspection, excise tax, title, registration, repairs and a AAA membership for one year at a total cost of roughly $6,000 per car.
And, finally, today is settlement day for state and federal income taxes. But, the following list provided by the Internal Revenue Service, shows the other ways the government nickles and dimes us every day through taxes and fees authorized by Title 26 of the United States Code:

Accounts receivable tax
Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
Building permit tax
Capital gains tax
Commercial drivers license tax
Cigarette tax
Corporate income tax
Court fines (indirect taxes)
Dog license tax
Excise tax
Federal income tax
Federal unemployment tax (FUTA)
Federal insurance contributions tax (FICA)
Fishing license tax
Food license tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline tax (42 cents per gallon)
Gift tax
Hunting license tax
Inheritance tax
Inventory tax
IRS penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor tax
Local income tax
Luxury taxes
Marriage license tax
Medicare tax
Park admission fees
Property tax
Real estate tax
Recreational vehicle tax
Road toll booth taxes
Road usage taxes (Truckers)
Sales tax and equivalent use tax
School tax
Septic permit tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security tax
State income tax
State unemployment tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll bridge taxes
Toll tunnel taxes
Traffic fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer registration tax
Transfer tax and generation-skipping transfer tax
Utility taxes
Vehicle license registration tax
Vehicle sales tax
Watercraft registration tax
Well permit tax
Workers compensation tax

Happy Tax Day!

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
now im going home sick, only good thing is after all those taxes ill only be short about a dollar :bang:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lJmBPCYt5LY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lJmBPCYt5LY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No taxation with out representation, the Boston tea party, 200 and some years later, a piece of paper called our Constitution, has been picked through by lawyers/politicians and crooks, to extort "gray" areas? The federal reserve is backed by entities in England, again. And has been for quite some time. But, to squander our tax money away on such absolutely meaning less objectives, against the majority of peoples desires. And this is just the tip of the ice berg for sure. The things that would land a guy in jail quickly, you know its not on there. My social security is maxed out on money paid in, keep knocking back the retirement age, I will never see a penny of it, and will likely really need it. I can not imagine what a gallon of 927 will cost in 15~25 years! What a mess of pen pushers. Has anyone ever seen the difference in adolescents who use electronic goodies, the change in them when its taken away? Washington D.C. needs to try it sometime. Just with out real funds, give them monopoly money, the winner gets the funds? Go out and actually see what they are causing at the stroke of a pen, who is actually doing it and exactly what. Every taxpayer gets a code, they actually vote on each issue. A few minutes a day, or get penalized? Bull doze Washington DC and put a big server there. Turtle issues indeed, they likely survived a lot worse with out our screwing with them. And yet, another solid definition of fools with tools. Its just numbers on the page, if that. Ruffle their feathers, and see what happens. They are above the law, and Constitution. They are special-ed? The IRS. Wolf, are we going riding this weekend or what? Okie, did I bring up enough points, really? No dig intended. The more something itches my back, where I can't readily reach, just REALLY irritates me, sorry. I saw BTO in the mid 70's, their first tour, Valparaiso Indiana University homecoming concert. The 3rd or 4th most fun with my clothes on, there was a lot of Hoosier girls there! Fond memories are a lot better than reality! Thanks, I needed that part. Yes, I am just saying,,, and really bored. WE NEED A DIRTWEEK BOSS! Reading the bike build the other night made 1 eye sweat. We have to make better times, they will not find us. Vintage Bob

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
guess the artist

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Taxman!
Cos I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

Don't ask me what I want it for (Aahh Mr. Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more (Aahh Mr. Heath)

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes

And you're working for no one but me
Taxman!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

If you take a crap,I'll tax your sheet

TERM LIMITS NOW

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Leave it to an English recording artist from the 60's, called the Beatles? Go figure? Hundreds of timeless songs and the Taxman resonates loudly still in the year 2010? Term limits, no retirement, and the SAME BS HEALTH CARE package that we may end up with. THEY are not THAT special, after all? BUT, WE ARE, well we used to be, we were united at one time? Vintage Bob

Top Bottom