MikeAdamson

May 10, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)

5' 9" 215

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?

Scale of 1-5 about a 4.5

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????

Mountain Trails, Hare Scrambles

4) Do you have any riding experience?

600cc Road, 125MX, Regionally ranked gravity racer (DH,Super-D)

5) Do you think you will race ?

YES

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?

Some, not much

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?

4 stroke, but willing to consider 2 strokes

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?

Yes, KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?

No limit, but seeking a good deal on a used bike until I figure out what I like and what suits me

10) Do you live in California?

No, but I will be traveling there to ride

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

I live in Washington State when I am stateside. I have a slight dilemma in that I would like a bike suitable to BOTH trail riding in a mountainous environment such as Northern Washington and British Columbia, but I'm also seeking the best size of bike for Hare Scrambles racing. If I had to make a decision leaning one way or the other I would lean towards race specific bikes.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Mike

Timmay#678

Aug 29, 2007
Yes, definately go for a 2stroke. I did a hare scramble on my 250f earlier in the year, where as the race was brilliant fun, Never again on a 4T. I would stall it about once every 10/15mins (tight sections, you will stall it lots!!!), and of course kicking hot 4ts is a pain in the hole! Alot of the enduro boys here say the ktm 200exc is the ultimate euduro bike, Plenty of low/mid power but isn't as brutal on the arms as any of the 250 smokers.

Top Bottom