Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Has anyone seen the HD version of the Ford Super Duty?

Apparently many of them have been ordered, as I've seen alot of them recently leaving the assembly line....but they have got to be one of the ugliest trucks I've seen. The orange and black color scheme just doesn't do it for me. However the custom wheels do look pretty trick.

BTW...I just saw the 2007 model Super Duty in the body shop at Kentucky Truck.  The Detroit labcoats are runing around it like a kid with a new toy on Christmas.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Harley SD does nothing for me, now the King Ranch is pretty spiffy but I don't know how I'd feel about getting the interior all dirty like my current Powerstroke's. Then again if they could put that nice KR leather on top of a rubberized floor I'd be a happy camper!

I should be ready for a new one in 2009, see what ya' can do for me, OK Jay? ;)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yeah, I never got the whole Ford w/ a Harley package thing. If I'm gonna spend the money on a full size truck then I'd take a F250 Powerstroke wit da fo do's. :)

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
What's a Harley?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Major changes for the '07 launch...you may want to wait for the '09 model for sure. (not that an intial launch truck will have bugs or anything)

I can't see getting a 48k truck too dirty either! :)
Pat, they said they already had your sticker on hold. I think they said the "T" plan. (gotta be a Texas thang)

I may be able to arrange you coming in and following it down the line if ya want.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Haven't seen one on the road yet, but think they're kind of neat looking, myself.Not that I'd want to drive one everyday, but they are different for sure. What would be even "more cooler" looking is an SD in that performance orange. Bright yes, but no more than that Sonic Blue. If I were to order one, though(and I've dreamed about it alot :cool:) it'd be a red supercab, longbed, 4x4 XLT Sport with black leather,black RanchHands, 2-4" lift, 35"x12.50"s, 6.0 6-speed. :) After I get this darned mo'sicle paid off... :eek:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I saw the HD Power Stroke online, wasn't impressed w/the colors.. Any changes for the 05's?? My dad is planning on getting one.. Is the 6spd going too be a manual or auto??
Thanks in advance..
Rick

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The 6.0 powerstroke that I test drove did not feel like it was well suited to the 6-speed manual tranny. Unless you want to rev it out in each gear far enough to hit ~2000rpm on the upshift, it falls on its face.. Noooo power below there, it feels like a carbureted gas motor choking itself out.. Blubber blubber blubber and going nowhere until you hit 2000rpm, then it comes on hard.

I haven't heard of this symptom with the automatic, so I'm guessing the shift points are strategically placed to avoid falling below the certain RPM.

If you don't mind revving it like a rice-wagon 4 banger, it's a very powerful motor. Bigger tires will make the problem seem worse.. I'd order the truck with as low of a gear ratio as possible if I were buying one, but kiss your fuel economy goodbye on the freeway.

Mind you this was a late '03, maybe they've done something to "fix" the symptoms I experienced for '04 and beyond.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I've never driven a 6.0 6-speed, but my Dad has an 02 7.3 6-speed that I really like vs. the A4LD. Even without driving one though, I just enjoy a standard in anything, although the new TorqShift is very slick :cool:

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Im tired of my 5 speed, and i have to drive a six speed diesel truck at work, and its so durned worn out yah dont even try to match up the gears, just grind em! autos all the way!

jaybird, that would be super awesome to watch your truck get asembled on the line, might have to give yah a holler in a year or so. but i wont be getting no superduty, maybe a supercrew.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
You mean a Crew Cab Superduty?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Ah, gotta get someone in Norfolk to help you with that one. :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
They are now turning out all black with a small orange pinstripe. Now that one looks good!

Dave,
You have KingRanch written all over you! :)

Top Bottom