Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
My thoughts EXACTLY........
Don

bucky63

Apr 11, 2007
Just asking some rookie questions about the Restart Format used at the Buzzard.

Is a "Restart" basically a "known check" where you do not get points for arriving early but you can get penalized "early points" for leaving the restart early or "late points" for arriving and leaving it late?

Is the correct basic strategy for the Buzzard that a secret check will between the small and large resets and you should race to the next restart from the secret check through the large reset and hopefully arrive early to the restart and take your rest there? That way you hopefully will be leaving the restart on time.

Do the organizers ever put secret checks after a large reset when using a Restart Format?

Another observation I see in the route sheet is there are 10 known checks (counting the start, all the restarts and the end observation) and a least a possibility of 9 to 10 secrets checks per my thinking.

The ground miles traveled is 103.4 miles for a total of 206.8 ride minutes at 30mph and 169.2 reset rest minutes making it an 6:16 hour event.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
The strategy is:
1. Wait for them to flip your row#
2. Ride your azz off
3. Repeat
With 30mph speed you won't burn a check unless you take a Sharphorn line.
After you check out of a section go to the reset and wait for them to flip your row#.
They will mark your scorecard when the restart you (basically OB checks).
Yep 6:16 hours yeehaw. Lots of rests and roads though.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Yep, no racing from the large reset to the next re-start. I guess you can go 80mph if you want a big fat azz ticket. The reason they give large resets is to put the slow guys(like myself) back on their minute without having to speed on the county roads.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
ticket = disqualification AND a bad reputation for all enduro riders. 80 mph - DON'T DO IT!!
You will see a lot of road sections and drive past a lot of homes. Be careful!!

129% worked well on the route sheet

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
FISH AND CAKE, Yum....

I suppose you want to be on the same row as Nick Z. and Dusendang? At least that way they'll argue with each other and you can beat em' both? Might not be so bad, you'll get fresh fish and f'ing cake out of it! Could call it the Harrison National dial-a-meal deal. :)

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Lmao

PS. Then afterwards you can go arm wrestling the homeless with us. :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
fatherandson said:
I sure hope I do not get stuck with a Dusendang on my row. Nick Z. told me he is a real azzhole.
Me too! I have important lawn mowing business to take care of with a couple of clowns.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
fatherandson said:
Did any body find row assignments??
The club does not want them posted online.

I can tell you however that you're sandwiched in between a couple of Dusendangs... :yikes:

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
Lets see oh its your turn to cook. Azzhole dw can't even make his own cake he has to have his wife do it and it takes his credit card to get it done. They waste way to much on youth. Sides FS I want to be on your minute.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
nzambon said:
Azzhole dw can't even make his own cake he has to have his wife do it and it takes his credit card to get it done.
That F'n cake cost me 600.00 bones. Bought the boys home some gifts.... But no DW. She said I got the F'n cake.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Smit-Dog said:
The club does not want them posted online.

I can tell you however that you're sandwiched in between a couple of Dusendangs... :yikes:
T-bone has no worries in that dept. as he's team AFM32. The two "Dee Tee Dee's" ahead of him are not! :p

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Gotta love the trash talking MTR's :laugh:

Did anyone else notice there isn't a turn #18 on the route sheet??

Mully

PS:
I still have bruises from the Jackpine......... :whoa:

Top Bottom