Has anybody heard of the Ridge Riders/Runners club in Monterey Bay Area?

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
I have heard of this Ridge Riders club on the grapevine and I am intrested in joining. I belive they own some land in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Thanks for your help.

WR400Rock

Feb 27, 2001
They host the annual Ridge Runner 500 dual sport ride every October. Angels Camp to Carson City and back. A fun ride, done it 5 or 6 times.

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
Yeah I've heard of them hosting that race, do you have any info on the club?

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Here is some information

Soquel,

Here is some of the information that my dad (a ridgerunner's member since before I was born...28+ years) e-mailed me about your post:

"The property is only open to members and their guests. There is a locked gate. It is located between Mount Madonna State Park and Loma Prieta on Summit Road. There are 80 acres in our parcel and several miles of single track and fire road. There is kind of a MX track, it is cut into a hill side and if you miss a turn it could be a severe crash. As for joining, we have club meetings on the first and third Tuesday of every month. Dues are $24/year and initiation fees have gone up to $200. The club meetings are held in a garage in Aptos on the old San Andreas Rd. and prospective members need to be invited by a member to sit in on our meetings"

That is what he had to say. If you have any other ?'s let me know. I have ridden on the property a few times myself and had a good time! It was quite a while ago, so I don't remember it that clearly. I don't know the combination to the lock at the gate (and even if I did I would have to be sworn to secrecy so my dad didn't get into trouble:o )

Hope this helps,
Karna

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…