Has anybody seen the new TV Guide logo

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Looks good! I've always liked the "just noticeable difference" approach to updating logos. It's tweaked just enough to look a little more up to date without going in a completely different direction. Nice work!

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
We went in every direction known to man and canine... did several hundred logos to choose from. For the last 6 months I have spent 5-6 hours a day working on that logo... I do all of the computer work fot the designers here. It was a challenging assignment both from a creative standpoint and building the file that would print properly in any platform going through any rip... Still gives me headaches. Many hours of meetings with Adobe, TV Guide, Printers... But we got it done.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I've been involved in logo redesigns myself and was always amazed that after all the work and different variations we'd usually end up with a logo that wasn't all that different from the original. I like what you did though. A little bolder font up top and a nice beveled edge on the box (although I'm sure you could point out a hundred small differences most of us don't even see). I'll bet you're glad to have it behind you.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Is that a little nitrous button in the lower left corner?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
You should see it on the HQ building.  You can read it a couple of miles away.  Nice job, David. :thumb:

Top Bottom