steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Knowing Marcus, it was all part of his plan Bruce! Sent you around the twist did he??? :laugh:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i mentioned no names steve!:) but it turns out this part wasnt missing since he was looking at the picture of a different carb! so that sent me even further around the twist! heaven knows what was wrong with this one, but something was

so ive but the bullet and ordered a brand new 38mm pwk airstriker; no matter what i did with the TMX carb i could not get it leaned out enough- i even drilled out the slide so the needle would sit further down- lean in some spots but rich in the others. Oddly, i spoke to a guy a while back at the track and he was running the keihin on his kids rm125 and said it was the best thing for it- the way the tmx flutes out doesnt make sence to me since the carb boot is 38mm yet the carb id at the spigot is more like 40mm!

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Thanks for all the input guys!
I have another question concerning the oxygenated fuels for those that have some experience with them...Considering that the jetting is correct, Are there any engine reliability issues that can be expected with using an oxygenated fuel ?

Thanks

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
IMO No.
3 1/2 years with various types and I have seen no issues. Only thing I saw was some long term storage corrosion on piston tops and ring lands. I will say it is from a component in race fuel as I never saw it with pump gas or maybe I never noticed it.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Rich

I plan on using C12 as a base for mixing with my "orange juice" b02. I will start with a 4-6%. Is it safe to say that the percentage of B02 added would equal the O2% in the fuel ? Just for comparison sake as Ult 4is at 6%+ and MR2 @ 2.55%.

I will call Dr Dave and ask about the B04 again. I may get some B03 for the cooler temps and test it in the sled.

I will try to get a Dyno Appointment at a local shop once we get a break in the racing action.

Mike

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Mike; i think my rough calculations have it a bit different- MTBE contains about 18% oxygen. So, (roughly) if you add 10% MTBE by volume it will give approx 1.8% oxygen (i think). So that would have the U4 as around 30% MTBE by volume which rich has said before is the upper limit.

can you confirm this Rich? i should be doing more important things right now and not chatting on the net, LOL!

ive been running 20% MTBE in C12 with no ill effects other than i still cant get the bike leaned out at the lower carb settings- gonna ride this afternoon!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You are dead on Bruce. AMA limit is about 2.5% O2 which translates to about 15% MTBE. I've gone double that amount but if the percentage gets too high you srew up the distillation curve and the fuel curve/response along with it.

TravisP

Sep 11, 2003
we had a CR144 on the dyno mixed all kinds of fuels our biggest discovery was 50%ultimate4 with 50%MR2 gave us a 2 horse power increase in topend and throttle response was insane

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Where can I get more info on BO-2,3,4?? Where or is it sold? Ive been using C-12 but would like to try a bump in air for the warmer temps or higher elevations.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Precision Automotive Research
901 Hillside Dr.
Bensenville, IL 60106
Phone: 630-766-4402
Fax: 630-766-1715
Email: PARbrowser@aol.com

... and tell Dr. Dave I said HI ;)

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I have the MR2 specs along side the U4 and they appear very close with U4 has a higher end point by 26 degrees and twice+ the O2.

We have blended the MR2 and U4. First time the results got mixed feeling and the last 2 races with our 100 and 125, I got great feedback. I just tightened up the jetting some for the lower humidity and lower temps. We have changed over to Bud Racing heads and even with a stock (copied) insert jetting has leaned out at WOT. The bikes are running way cooler with these heads.

Rich
Would adding BO2 to MR2 give the same effect as the U4 ? I assume it may as long as I don't over do it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by MikeS
Rich
Would adding BO2 to MR2 give the same effect as the U4 ? I assume it may as long as I don't over do it.

I would say yes from an O2 content standpoint, but you'll have to use something else (like B04) to account for the difference in the endpoint.

Dr. Dave will be custom blending fuels under the Fire Power brand name. Basically starting with Phillips fuels and doing custom blends. It's probably easier and cheaper in the long run to work with him and start with P45 and add additional B02 along with whatever application specific tweaks he suggests.

murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
my local dealer/distributor said that he should be getting some in this week. i'm not sure of the price but i'll pick some up, try it out and post back. I guess it's time to break out the jets again.

murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
i picked up some ult 2 today. i'm going to go up one on the main and 1 position on the needle. To be on the safe side i think i'm going to cut it with some c-12. any suggestions are much appreciated.

Current bike set up. 02 cr-250
#370 main
30-76 needle in sec pos
s-8 nozzle
30 pilot
2 turns out a/s
v-force reed
fmf fatty pipe

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Originally posted by murphy's law
i picked up some ult 2 today. i'm going to go up one on the main and 1 position on the needle. To be on the safe side i think i'm going to cut it with some c-12. any suggestions are much appreciated.

Current bike set up. 02 cr-250
#370 main
30-76 needle in sec pos
s-8 nozzle
30 pilot
2 turns out a/s
v-force reed
fmf fatty pipe

I never got the specs on U2 yet but I have some fuel on my next order.

Cutting with C12 is possible but the full effect may suffer. I jet for C12 and find myself not going much richer with MR2 or U4. The good distillation curves of these fuels seem to vaporize completely and burn completely. You should start with a size larger on the main to be sure.

Mike

angus

Dec 22, 2002
yes i have used this fuel in my 2002 kx-125. this fuel is unreal with the amount of power increase you can gain by putting it in your gas tank. the bike has a pro circuit pipe,v-force reeds,new ported/polished cylinder,new wiseco top-end,uni-filter and brad lowe suspension. have been running c-12 with a 340 main jet and 2nd clip position.called mid-west rep in indiana and ordered 5 gallons cost $45 plus $32 for hazzardous material shipping. asked tech about proper jetting and he said stock jetting is good with this fuel.BULL.... so i called vp headquarters in texas and talked to tech and he also said stock was good enough. i say again BULL.... if you wanna ride your $5000.00 toy more than 20 minutes go 1 size larger on main and 1 clip position richer at a minimum. i wound up with a 360 main and 3rd clip position. the plug is dry and light tan color. after empting the c-12 and mixing a new batch of ultimate-2 i poured it in and with shear giddiness. i fired up the beast. grabbing a fist full of throttle a big cheezzy grin swept across my face. finally an edge that i've been looking for since my first race last year. this fuel is unreal!!!! the next day i got to see the proof by finally putting the bike on dry ground and practicing some starts. even with all my weight on the front end this bike would still wheelie and i'm running stock gearing. the power and pull this fuel delivers is well worth the money!!! if your looking for an edge or just love the smell of oxy. fuel buy a 5 gallon drum and try it. don't buy it because of the name or price just try it and see what you think. if your running c-12 now you'll wish you hadn't even spent the money or time, i've got 15 gallons of c-12 left and am pissed cause i've gotta go back and burn it up before ordering any more ult.-2. this is just my take on ult.-2 and i'm very pleased with it.

murphy's law

Oct 11, 2002
Angus, I share the same sentiments exactly. The last ime i was at the track i was asking people if the wanted any of my C-12. I almost wish i never tried the stuff (ultimate 2). Like you, i went one richer on the main and one position down on the needle. Plug readings were good but a little on the rich side. However, the temp dropped considerably in the northeast and when i ran my bike this week it was amazing. The new CR-250's have poor throttle response out of the box. Pipe's, reed valves, all kinds of jetting and whatever else didnt seem to help that much. IMHO Ultimate 2 is the only quick fix to the stock motors mellow powerband. It's just too bad it cost that much. I'll have to cut down on the beer consumption so i can fit it in the budget.

whitesands26

Mod Ban
Nov 17, 2002
Thanks angus for your review....Sounds good.

For the current temps my jetting is a tad rich....It should be about right with this fuel....

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
did anyone ever get hold of a spec sheet for this fuel??? i am thinking of trying it, but at $50 a drum the cost of a days racing is getting real expensive- i may have to blend this stuff with a cheaper race gas and spice it to get the same effect

Top Bottom