OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Hatfield McCoy April 6th

There was a thread on a group of riders going to hatfield Mccoy West by God Virginia?

Me, my brother, and possibly 2 other friends... Plan on leaving on the 5th (friday) staying at a Hotel and ride all day at Hatfield on the 6th(Saturday).

SPD I believe was on the list...Perhaps SMB racing and Elpresidente.

Lets get this thing started....I'll be there weather permitting of course.

Peace:cool: I luv this bleeping thang ... :aj:

Last edited:

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Anyone is welcome! Glad to have ya....
I will let you know where we are staying, not sure if you need to stay all night somewhere or if you just live close enough to drive Saturday morning, however i will let you know where we are staying and when we will be there and what trailhead as the date gets closer and I can see what the weather is going to be like....

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Our group will be returning from Hatfield McCoy on April 1st. I'll post our "lessons learned" and a brief ride report.
We're leaving tomorrow! WooHoo!

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
count me out, i am too poor to make this one, and i am trying to save enough money to ride the Chillicothe Enduro Riders enduro april 28th. maybe next time.

Bruce McCrary

Nov 10, 1999
We have a group ride planned for the W/E of 4/19/20/21. It will be the first time any of our crowd has been to the HM system.

The plan is to go to the Bear Wallow trailhead and camp at a campground that is located next to the trails (Devils Ansce?). Our group will include both bikes and ATV's so we need trails that can accomodate both. We also were concerned with getting a campsite as close to a trail as possible for the first trip, and this one seems to fill the bill.

Anyone have any expericance with the trails or campground?

Bruce McCrary
Lexington, NC

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I doubt I'll have my powervalve linkage part in by then :mad:
I'll try to catch the next one though. Let us know how she turns out.

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
This is going to be a play by weather/ear trip....if we bail b/c of weather I'll just edit the topic and push it ahead a couple weekends.

Ok....later...

Jeff I'm actually thinking of coming down your way this weekend with the wifey, it would be my first day out and I need to know how my bike runs?what i got to fix? You know living in the city I can't even start my bike for an extended period of time....

Let me know your thoughts, as usual no guarantees
tx jeff!
Andrew

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Jeff, what linkage part do you need? Isn't the GG motor similar to the CR? Maybe a part from my 97 CR would work. Mine is down now (and will be for a while). Maybe you could use a piece until yours comes in.

From TeamTwinkie:
We have a group ride planned for the W/E of 4/19/20/21
Rub it in!! :(

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Hey Andrew, What time are you leaving Friday? Do you have room on the floor of the hotel if I want to tag along? I have a buddy in West Virginia and he'd probabaly meet us at the trail head. Are you planning on leaving Saturday night or Sunday?

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Me and brother have to work on Friday....When it gets closer to Friday I'll call a few hotels in the area, and yeah your welcome to stay with us or get a room in the same hotel, if my brothers freind goes ,you could share sleeping accomadations,if you wanted.... or we'll share and i'll sleep w/ my brother, Yuck!....:o

I would like to run shifts watching the bikes at night for theft reasons, I'll have a covered trailer, If rich goes (still up in the air) but I think he'll go if you go....We could all share time watching the bikes while others sleep, We all know what theft is like, especially in WV they (i used to live there) were known for stealing bikes.....

Sorry if this is difficult to read...I'm at work and I'm trying to be quick about it...
later on...

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Gomer, it's the actuating piece that connects the linkage to the valve itself. I'm pretty sure it's different on the honda bikes. Mine isn't really in bad shape, but there's a stud that presses into the actuator and it's come loose, not completely but it moves. It sill works the valves right, I just think that it's going to come loose during a ride so I ordered a new piece. Still waiting for the guy to call and tell me it's in. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it. I just looked at the parts fiche on your linkage, what in the heck? That's way more complex than the GG assembly, the valves look the same though. What's wrong with your scoot?

Andrew, I'm going to put the bike together this afternoon and run it, see how that linkage is working. If it's good we can ride this weekend sunday probably,since I work saturday morning/afternoon, what kind of bike does your wife have?

Last edited:

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Well if your into slow and boring come ride with us, your trail guide will be much appreciated, however I would understand if you don't want to go(i wouldn't) she's a girl that was very proud to complete the entire Dorr Run loop(wayne) last year in 2 and 3rd gear riding on a Yamaha ttr125L. She just needs to get used to her bike and trails that are more difficult than wayne, we really are just looking to get out of the city, and do bike maintenance and maybe see some sites, that's about all....

el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
man this sucks, i wish i had enough money to make my bike run again, i have saturday off, and if i have enough money for gear oil, and antifreeze i am going to buy some, but i doubt i will have enough for front and back brakes. hope yall have fun this weekend

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
On the CR you don't actually connect the linkage from the bottom end to the cylinder, the base has a pin on a plate that rotates around an axis about 90 degrees and the cylinder has a slotted plate on the end of a rod that fits over the pib whn you put the cylinder down onto the base.

Sound anything like yours?

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Hey gomer you of all people know you need to take this conversation to your own thread, HEHEHEHE

that was fun!

LOL, just MESS'n wit ya! (new version) :cool:

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
That's when we're headed there Dennis, only riding on Saturday, I sent you a pm Dennis, however I'm trying to find out how to check mine, LOL... You would never think I make a living using a computer, LOL

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I answered yours. I thought I was a computer dummy. I'm not going to stay sunday. A lot of if's. Need to get the bike finished and checked out. Let me know when you read your pm's. I'll send another one.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by OleDrewBudd
LOL, just MESS'n wit ya! (new version) :cool:
:) :)

I'm just trying to make sure another one of you snobound Yankees gets out for a ride!

BTW, how close is Columbus to Akron? Ever ride with Eric Ferguson on a 98 YZ400?

You would never think I make a living using a computer, LOL
Must........be........nice........ ........ ........trying........not........to........respond!!
:o

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Must........be........nice........ ........ ........trying........not........to........respond!!

Go ahead I have thick skin, ;)

No I don't know any1 that rides from Akron, still a good hour and 45 minutes NorthEast of Columbus...

Peace, I luv this thing .....:aj: :aj:....I guess its eze riders , jack and robert, :confused:

Top Bottom