GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
There are about seven of us planning to visit WV on April 6,7,8,9. We are going ride about 2 days of these four with the decision being made close to the ride accounting for weather. We have ridden the Logan area trail and it is great. We will ride this one again and the Man trail as the second day. If anyone is interrested let me know and maybe we can hook up sometime during the ride. KelvinKDX is going as well.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
What time are you leaving fri morn? Are you camping or geting a motel?

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

gt658

Nov 9, 2000
I'm very interested. I'll check with the rest of the guys (mgorman, dozer, slammer) but I'm sure we wont be able to leave till Friday afternoon (3:00) or so. Any information about accomidations would also be helpfull. '

GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
We have no set plans right now. We are going to do a three day weekend using Friday or Monday as the third day depending on the weather. If we use Friday we will leave 4-5 am Friday or Thursday evening 6 pm ish. If we use Monday we will leave Friday 6pm or Saturday 4-5 am. We stayed in Chapmansville at the Roadway Inn last time however I think we will try to stay closer if we can this time. There is Super 8 in Logan that is alot closer.

One way or the other we will keep you updated on the plan as it develops. Log on to www.trailsheaven.com for more info. Phone numbers and trail maps. This place is great. We plan to ride the Bear Wallow again for one day and Rockhouse the second day.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
If I go I won't be able to leave until around 8:00 am the earliest on fri morn. I'll take my camper and stay at the one campground.

------------------
Dennis
99 Husky WR250
I refuse to grow up

andym

Jun 3, 2000
I'm interested in riding Saturday and Sunday. Let me know when/where to meet. Do the 2-stroke guys in the bunch have big tanks or stockers. Just wondering if I will need the big tank on the CR if I bring it.

------------------
Andy Mullins

'00 XR650R
'95 CR250

GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
We are staying in the Super 8 Motel in Logan.. 304-752-8787. We will ride the Rockhouse Trail Friday April 6th and ride Bear Wallow on Saturday April 7th. We will eat breakfast in the Shoneys next to the hotel each morning. I will register in the hotel under the name of GreenMan so that you can leave messages if you want.

I have a GMC with a black enclosed trailer. We may ride Sunday for a few hours if we get the itch.

You better bring extra tanks for the MX bikes.. We are all riding trail bikes with some range.

[This message has been edited by GreenMan (edited 03-28-2001).]

andym

Jun 3, 2000
What would be a good time to meet at the trailhead? I live about 3 hours away and will be driving up that morning. I'll have to get my permit then too.

------------------
Andy Mullins

'00 XR650R
'95 CR250

Having more fun than a bunch of monkeys.

GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
We will get to the trail head about 9 by the way things go with my group. It is hard to get a group of people to move in the morning. I will do the best to make it early but we will aim for around 8-9. I think we will have some people without permits also. One of our guys called the trail office and they said that people would be at the trail head from 8-10 ish on Fri Sat and Sun. The last time we went they were not and we had to go to the office. They told us to go ahead and ride and buy the permits when the office opens at the trailhead.

We rode a Friday and a Saturday and there were people there all day Saturday but none Friday. They seem pretty relaxed about it.

Just FYI

Look for the clubhouse. We will be there.

------------------
Tim
---------------------
98 KDX 220 00 ZX 900
94 Polaris 400 4X4
I Bleed Green!

GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
If you want any further update, email me as I will not check this post again before I leave. tim.bailey@nav-international.com

See you at the trials

------------------
Tim
---------------------
98 KDX 220 00 ZX 900
94 Polaris 400 4X4
I Bleed Green!

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Your trip has taken place by now, how was it?
We are planning to ride the same trails and are stying in Logan, any reccomendations?

regards,

The WoodChuck

------------------

GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
The ride was great. We went to Rockhouse the first day and it was not very good. The easy trails are harder than the easy trails in Bear Wallow. However the hard trails are not there. There is one black trail and it is short. This is not the trail for those looking for a challenge. High speed and alot of mud. If it rains don't go to this one. Not much of a challenge.

Bear Wallow is great as usual. Everyone had a good time, even those of us that have been there before had as good a time as those who were there for the first time. Go for the black trails. They are fun. Nothing like those hill climbs in Ohio. We will be taking another trip in about a month. I will keep everyone informed. We are probably going to ride Williamson and Logan that trip.

------------------
Tim
---------------------
98 KDX 220 00 ZX 900
94 Polaris 400 4X4
I Bleed Green!

woodchuck

May 2, 2000
Hello Greenman
Were are the hills in Ohio? Is there enough riding to keep three guys from Illinois entertained for 2 1/2 days, we love hills?

regards

------------------

Top Bottom