XR-MAN

~SPONSOR~
Sep 14, 2000
I want to go to the Hatfield-MC trails in WV soon.  So far I think the Bear Wallow trail looks like the one, and camp at  Devil Anse camp ground. I am looking far the best trails for bikes, not quads. Not too easy, but I don't want to have to carry my bike over stuff. And a place to camp where we can ride from, and have a beer next to the fire in the evening.

Looking for any comments, and/or anybody that wants to ride.

dead

Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Apr 28, 2003
I'm in, depending on the date. I'm supposed to go back home for a wedding on September 1st. Anything before or after that will be cool. :thumb:

James980

Dec 29, 1999
You'll love it. I hope to make another trip down in September or October.

I have some recent (May, I think) pictures of Hatfield-McCoy on the bottom half of the page at...

http://www.midwestmotocross.com/feature.html

Those were all taken at the Bear Wallow trailhead.

If you want me to suggest a couple loops at Bear Wallow that include both black and single track, let me know.

If you plan on hitting some of the black trails, though, I hope you like rocks :)

James

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
The map is pretty good and there are trails for Bikes only. They're some of the best. The black trails are definitely loose and Rocky but Lots of fun. There are even some Very tight single track kind of harescramble loops you can do. You can hit the majority of them in one full day of riding. Great stuff! I hope to get down there towards the end of September/October with SPD. It's definitley worth the trip. Maybe we can hook up.

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Somebody pick a date. Right now I have the 1st weekend in oct off.
Devil Anse has a campground right at Bear Wallow. He also has some cabins for rent also.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
We are making a run in October too. Prob not til the third week, tho. Heading out to Moab the second week in Oct., and Ive been waiting my whole life for that. :yeehaw:

What is the deal with the 3 day pass? Buy it and ride as much as you can/want? Do they actually check for db levels??

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Yes. That's how the three-day works. I also believe it gets you into all four H&M trailheads. You also can buy a one-day.

I've never been checked for db levels or SAs down there and have always found the rangers to be very cool. All I've talked to have been real riders, not some fat goof with a gun who can barely navigate his quad around.

THAT SAID, my previous experiences at Wayne always had been as trouble-free and anyone who has read the long "Ohio" thread knows where that got me last time down. I'd at least have fresh packing.

James

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'm free the first weekend in October. How bout we head down Friday after work. Ride Saturday and come back that night? I have to go out of town that following weekend for business and I don't think the wife would be too happy with me being out of town two full weekends in a row. What about the last weekend in September? I could go that whole weekend.

Top Bottom