HGaither

Oct 23, 2000
Anyone who is looking for the best place to ride east of the Mississippi needs to try out the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV. I did and it was the ride of a lifetime.

zrxkaw

Jul 25, 2002
The Hatfield-McCoy system reminded me of the old days around here-Now nobody but the rangers get to ride all of the great trails that we had at one time.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
HGaither, which area did you guys ride? There are a few of us who might run down that way late this summer, just trying to get some good feedback, looking for some good fun trail, not too strenuous ;)
Thanks.

HGaither

Oct 23, 2000
We rode the Browing Fork trails the first day and the Buffalo Mt trails the second day. They had 3" of rain before we got there but most of the main trails were still good shape only a few of the side loops were wet. The green trails are very good and fairly fast. The blue trails are a little more challenging but not to strenous except for maybe short sections on some( #29 on browning fork has a fairly rough hill) . WE had to try a black trail but only got about a quarter of a mile up # 95 on the Browning fork trails before falling over. It was almost straight up and very rocky, I would have needed much lower gearing to have had a chance. Also ,starting at the town of Man and riding to Gilbert we only used about 3/4 of a gallon of gas,I did not have an odometer but figured it to be about 22 mi. counting a few wrong turns. I don't think you would be disappointed. Some of the green trails have short sections with some rough spots in them but they don't last long.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sounds like a good idea dennis, I want to get my GasGas traded off for a four stroke before I do much more riding (a guy my size can't keep the beast from beating them to death). I could swing late august or early september, but I'd have to see about october.

Top Bottom