michigan

Mar 9, 2001
Just got back the other day. The riding was fantastic. Plenty of hills and rocks. There was a wide range of difficulty ranging from "slow down or you'll spill the beer" to highly technical singletrack and impossible hill climbing.
We spent two afternoons at the Bear Wallow trail head. There we were able to find some decent trail, but there was a lot of boring quad trail connecting the good sections.
I unfortunately missed the ride at the Rockhouse trail head, but I got to spend an evening at the Buffalo Mountain trails and had a blast there. It started out will a short singletrack loop that led back to some two-track that lead us to some great hillclimbs that were not really part of the mapped system.
Camping was decent at Chief Logan State Park, with electric, water, and free showers for 19 bucks a night. They will also deliver firewood to your site for a very small price.
The only problem we had with this campground was that it seemed like the locals used it as their weekend cruise spot. They were cruising through the campground the whole weekend (this didn't bother me at first), but on Friday night one of them came ripping through all tanked up on moonshine (or something of equivalent potency) and smashed into my girlfriend's new car, actually moving it a foot but not damaging it.
It was a five hundred mile trip for us, but we'll be back again this year. We weren't able to ride half of that trail in three days. There's a ton of good riding.
If anyone wants info, post a question and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.
www.trailsheaven.com

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sounds like a good ride, I've gotta make it down there sometime this summer.

Top Bottom