Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
:thumb: To the DRN SupportTeam members ...
A little background. One of the STM forums is called "Kav's Journal, A Marine's perspective: Life in Afghanistan" DRN'er KAV shipped-out a few weeks ago and has been updating us with the goings-on over there on a regular basis. What's going on... the experience of being there.

One thing leads to another and in typical DRN'er fashion, there are care package shipments heading over there all the time. Magazines, toiletry supplies, snack food (ho-ho's!), various things that we all take for granted, the list is long. Ever wished for an alarm clock? The small comforts of home that those guys miss. I can tell you, getting a package from “home” means a LOT to them.

Then theres oldguy's US flag. It fly's at DirtWeek every year, you've probably seen it in the DirtWeek group shots (DW'01-DW'02). It's been flown at the Wisconsin State Capital, at a local deputy’s funeral (killed in the line of duty) and on oldguy's porch sine 9-11. Big Lou's USMC flag is going as well "I'd be happy to to get them flown as the camp flag and/or in a Harrier over Afghanistan " KAV will being it back... to DirtWeek '03.

I just wanted to say I’m honored to know you all, the generosity and caring that DRN’ers demonstrate never ceases to amaze me.

Be Safe KAV & Tad (Senior KX Rider’s son).
When you are sitting around the turkey being thankful... include these guys on your list.

One of the pics KAV Posted:

Attachments

• kav_afgan.jpg
    kav_afgan.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 297

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
These boys (and the others there as well) are truly some of AMERICA'S finest.
It is young man and women of this caliber that reaffirm my faith in my fellow Americans.
May God bless and keep all of them safe.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Standin' tall and lookin' good!

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I would have to thank all of you guys for your suppoprt, and also for making a country and a world worth fighting for. :thumb: :worship:

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Hey Guys

Have you found a place for a bomb run :eek: for a desert race,,,,,one without land mines? :cool:

Keep Safe

Top Bottom