Have you built a kx150

LEE BAXTER

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2002
I would like to know of anybody who has built a kx 150. Is it worth it. I own a 2000 kx 125 and it is a great bike and it has a soft spot that seems to be were I want power. It is totally stock including jetting but handling is great.If I go go for a 150 kit I am racing against 250+ bikes.I race at novice level on small tracks compared to USA tracks.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Psssst. Click that little flag at the top right of the thread named "Forward Motion" or "Eric Gorr", same place same person.

Good Luck,

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
lee i dont think they have the 2mm oversize rule back home, so i think if you declare your bike as a 144 you will have to race against the 250's. are you sure you want to have such a power disadvantage, but it could work in your favour since the bike will be lighter and easier to handle than the 250. maybe marcus will give better help here?

i didnt go to any real tracks back home, but i doubt the tracks in the US are that much bigger on ave. a lot in so cal are so tight and twisty, but you need loads of low end grunt to get around the corners and over the masses of jumps they lay out.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Lee, I have a good friend that raced one of EGs KX 144s for a season in the +30 A class and did well against the 250s. That was back in 98 though when everybody wasn't on CRF and YZF 800s . You would be giving up a lot to them. I have ridden the 144 and the next time I have the top end off my 125 I am going to have it done :yeehaw:

LEE BAXTER

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2002
To bclapham
I would have to declare it because I am that sort of guy. The 2 mm rule does not apply to AMCA rules the limit is 126cc.

LEE BAXTER

~SPONSOR~
Dec 2, 2002
To senior KXrider your thoughts get wondering life must be good after 126cc.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I had a 99 kx 125 built by eric gorr. Bike was good, too much low end though. Get it ported for top end and race gas. It ate up pistons though and also clutches. Before you do it make sure you realize the above average maintance associated with it. If i would go back in time I would of rather spent the money on a down payment of a new bike. Also when I sold the bike the overbore was a deterent for some potential buyers. The bike will outpull any 125 but it is still no match for new 250's and 450's.

Erik
2002 CR250

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…