Have your bike hauled to Reno and fly out! Midwest people check this out!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Want to go to the 2005 Reno Ride (Feb 17-21) but don't want to drive out? Can you get your bike to either Kansas City, Des Moines, or St. Louis sometime in early Feb.?

We're looking to do a bike haul and have room for up to 10 big bikes. The current committed list looks like this:

BigLou
WaltCMoto
Rooster
Squeaky
Nikki
Reddog
Mr Luckey
GoSpeedRacer?

So that leaves 2-3 empty spots. Cost per bike will be approximately $100-$160 (the more bikes we get, the less it will cost).

Who's interested?? Reno is a blast - don't miss out!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Since she doesn't read the boards much ( :moon: ) GSR has her KTM for sale and will be riding a bike of Kiwi's at Reno if the KTM sells. Or she might be bringing a horse to Reno? :think:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I WISH I could bring a horse out there! That is some good riding no matter what you're on! :)

Tony, the question mark is because I may or may not be bringing my bike. I'll still be there.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
If you have never ridden high desert, this is a do not miss ride. I was skeptical last year, and now can't hardly wait to get back out there.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Yep, me and Red are both MX'ers - but Reno was some of the awesomest riding we've ever encountered! Can't wait for February!!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
gospeedracer said:
I WISH I could bring a horse out there! That is some good riding no matter what you're on! :)

Tony, the question mark is because I may or may not be bringing my bike. I'll still be there.

You can ride the '98 Honda XR200 if need be.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Get your bikes to the Chicago area (northwest suburbs) would also be a drop off point. Im chomping at the bit as we type. This will be my first trip to Reno, and I cant wait.

kxjet

Jul 31, 2004
Hey all. I am kinda new to Nevada and am constantly looking for places to ride. I currently have a '04 KDX 200 and would really like to get more info on the Reno ride. Thanks

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
kxjet, this whole forum is for the Reno Ride. There is another thread in here called "Reno Ride Information". Go there and I'm sure all your questions will be answered. :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Add my bike to the list!
I just know you will not mind swinging by my house to pick it up. :nener:

kxjet

Jul 31, 2004
I should've looked a little more. I found all of the info just after I posted on the thread. I'm about 8 hours away from Reno, and in the military. Is the Reno Ride worth taking leave for?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
LOL, well I don't know. Let's take a little quiz, shall we.

A. Do you enjoy meeting and hanging out with like minded dirtbike peeps?

B. Would you like to have about 50 new dirtbike buddies?

C. Does the thought of endless miles of desert riding with varied terain, hills, whoops, sand, and washes make you're tummy tickle?

D. Would watching a bunch of crazy canadians play flaming soccer and potato hockey while relaxing around a bon fire amuse you?

E. Does the idea of post ride margaritas blended up dirtbike style sound refreshing?

If you've answered YES to any of these questions, then yes, it's worth it.

If you've answered NO to any of these questions, then you're just silly. :laugh:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
gospeedracer said:
LOL, well I don't know. Let's take a little quiz, shall we.
A. Do you enjoy meeting and hanging out with like minded dirtbike peeps?:
Not really
B. Would you like to have about 50 new dirtbike buddies?:
No
C. Does the thought of endless miles of desert riding with varied terain, hills, whoops, sand, and washes make you're tummy tickle?:
No....makes my knees ache
D. Would watching a bunch of crazy canadians play flaming soccer and potato hockey while relaxing around a bon fire amuse you?:
No
E. Does the idea of post ride margaritas blended up dirtbike style sound refreshing?:
No
If you've answered YES to any of these questions, then yes, it's worth it.
If you've answered NO to any of these questions, then you're just silly. :laugh:

Hey gsr, :moon: :nener:

kxjet,
Might want to send Kav a PM & ask him if he thinks Reno, DW, or anyother DRN event is worth taking leave. ;) :cool:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
F. Do you enjoy the company of smartasses? :p

FJ, I'm making a mental note to load up on a bag of smarties followed by Mt. Dew and Mochachino latte chasers and then hang out with you ALLL weekend :)

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
KXjet: Trust me it's more then worth taking leave to go.

I've taken leave to go to two Dirtweeks (and plan to again), took four days to go to Reno last year, and will take time off again to go this year (ditto for next year also). I'm going to guess that you are stationed at Nellis and if you get a 96 hour pass for that weekend you can go with out taking leave if you want for that holiday.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Walt, Nikdog and Lou! Seems like you 3 are the major players in what can or can't be arranged this year. Looks like the following are for sure:

BigLou
WaltCMoto
Nikki
Reddog
Mr Luckey
Rick + 1
Darby

Looks like we have 2 bike spaces available.

MikeB? Paddy?

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
:pissed:

I know I said that Squeaks and I would "find a way" to make this year happen, but the hole just keeps getting deeper. At this time, I would say we are definitely not going to make it. It's just not a wise thing to do for us with all we have going on right now and coming up in the next year.

I know it makes it more costly for everyone else, but there's nothing we can do.

If we win the lottery, well, that would change things, just a tad. There would be a DRN semi, with a heated/air conditioned trailer with sleeping quarters in it.

Top Bottom