DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Does anyone have a car stereo with it? Is is worth it?

I'm doing a little preliminary research for a tuner (for my truck) that will control my iPod. HD radio and Bluetooth are two interesting options. Seems like finding one that has two of the three options is easy, getting all three starts to get expensive. I like the idea of CD quality sound over the radio and I know the main station that I listen to also has a second HD channel. I spend most of my time 40+ miles from the stations that I listen to and am wondering how the range is on these broadcasts. This one has my interest.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT700HD/Sony-CDX-GT700HD.html?tp=5684

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Might I end up being the first person on DRN to own an HD radio? Coming from the last family in the free world to own a VCR I have trouble believing that there aren't others who already have one.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I have it in my truck but don't use it for more than regular channels. Now my satellite radio in my car I use a lot. I love the classic channel with all the old radio shows, hair nation, comedy, sports talk, etc.

But I drive a lot more in my car and a lot farther/longer.

HD seems like a great idea but I never found enough channels to make me put any of them on my preference buttons.

Ivan

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
DWreck said:
Does anyone have a car stereo with it? Is is worth it?

I'm doing a little preliminary research for a tuner (for my truck) that will control my iPod. HD radio and Bluetooth are two interesting options. Seems like finding one that has two of the three options is easy, getting all three starts to get expensive. I like the idea of CD quality sound over the radio and I know the main station that I listen to also has a second HD channel. I spend most of my time 40+ miles from the stations that I listen to and am wondering how the range is on these broadcasts. This one has my interest.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT700HD/Sony-CDX-GT700HD.html?tp=5684

I went with one that had USB & Bluetooth, because I don't bother with radio.. Too many commercials for my taste. I have almost 2 gig of music on a thumb drive, and that's plenty of variety..

The bluetooth option is pretty cool.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Good input guys. I think I'm too cheap to have satellite radio, but hate commercials. Probably will spend most of my time listening to the iPod, I'm not that blabby but do like the safety aspect of Bluetooth. Decisions, decisions.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
DWreck said:
I think I'm too cheap to have satellite radio

I used to think the same thing. Im not paying for radio when its free. Now I hate getting in a car without it.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
HD Radio = No Content which ultimately equals no real value (at any price) which probably explains the complete lack of sales.

These nitwits who invented it answered a question no one asked. :)

If an HD radio is turned on in a forest does it make a sound?

.....it doesn't matter if no one is listening. ;)

Top Bottom