thejake456

Sep 24, 2007
i saw in a magazine that there was some people that put that header wrap for race cars on there 4 stroke bikes and it gives them more power cause it directs the heat out the back.

so my question is could i do it to my 2 stroke bike?????

i couldnt see why not but just wanna see what you guys thought?

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Certainly could be done. Four Stroke pipes get WAY hotter than a 2 stroke pipe does though. Ive seen a few 4S pipes that were literally GLOWING from heat. Never seen a smoker come close to this. I would question if there is any benefit to it. Think how much higher flowing the exhaust is on a 2 stroke bike versus headers on a V8 ... The cylinder volume to exhaust diameter ratio is so drastic between the two. I really doubt you would see any measurable difference in it. Think how much two back to back dyno runs can vary just from temperature, humidity, engine temp, etc. If it was worth doing, you would see professional racers doing it, or so I think.

However if you do happen to do it, I would really love to see if you did a before/after dyno of it. Need someway to keep the results similar though. Use the same dyno, same day, and measure the coolant temp somehow.

Dec 8, 2007
It might make the bike quieter. It may also move the power slightly higher in the rpm range, by speeding up pulses inside the hotter expansion chamber. This of course could be complete nonsense, and I might not know what the heck I'm talkin bout.

ckassen

Jun 26, 2007
I think that the reason that 4S pipes turn red is because some are a thin walled titanium(not sure if they actually get hotter or not)....

Top Bottom