Headlight Considerations for Steering Stabilizer?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I got some feedback when I first starting looking around for stabilizers that the headlight wiring would require modifications (or maybe the stabilizer would require a different hookup due to the presence of a headlight?) :think:

When shopping for a stabilizer, do some fit bikes with headlights and some not?  Scotts, WER, etc?   I have no idea what to buy.  Thanks.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I think the only on you would have to worry about a headlight with would be the W.E.R. as it attaches to the frame and mounts on top of the front fender. I think that you have to buy a re-mounting kit or cut up you head light plastic. The other to mount on top of the bars so they don't interfer with the headlight.

I think any one would work great, but I would preferer the scotts for the ease of adjustment and the fact that is does not dampen agaist turning. I think the GPR and WER do, but I hear most say its realy not much of a factor.

I think scotts does make a forward mount like the WER, but the only model I've seen it on is a CRF450. That would also require some headlight modification, but you can order it in the standard configuaration.

Happy shopping :yeehaw:

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
yeah I ve missed havin some fun with you at DW. Since you live in Cali I would go with a Scotts for the faster terrain. Its very adjustable and will fit every bike that you get from now on but you will need to buy a tower and a handlebar clamp for your next ride. Back to this one babe, I m sure that your headlight will be just fine. You might have to relocate something if its attached directly to your handlebar clamp or mount it to your next clamp. itll be easy the hardest part will be installing your tower. Nows the time to determine what location you want your handlebars to be in. I moved mine up, now all of the sudden I stand up and ride all of the time. If you sit you feel every bump in your rump. So being comfortable while standing is great and it is way less tiresome. Which to buy? definitely scotts, wer is for those in tha tight woods and doesnt do as well in sandy conditions. You would want to ride that poker run without the nitelite before you rode without a stabilizer. These things are the best insurance your body can have to keep you from crashing. Look at it like wore out tires before stblzr and fresh tires when you actually get to ride with one. I ll wager that you will never part with your newfound jewel.
They will take the wobble outcha ride girl!!!
RAHRAH!!

Top Bottom