s.d.duner

Oct 28, 2003
i just recently bought the bike and the previous owner didnt have the light assembly for it.
i think all the electrical is there--(a couple bullet connectors near the front of the tank)
should i buy a stock light or an aftermarket?
around how much $ will it cost?

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Ask yourself what do I want from the light? After market cost less and hold up better than stock but the mag is to weak to power them. So the stock head light will be brighter or put a lower wattage bulb in the after market head light but then the price will equal out.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Denny, the KDX250 from 91-94 use a 70w stator. That is a pretty good one from the factory there.

Personally I have the UFO twins light, same thing as the Acerbis DHH unit. The ones with the dual round bulbs in them. Those are the best low wattage bulbs out there that you can use. Those lights just use rubber straps around the forks, pretty universal there.

To wire them in, take the lead from one light, wire it to the lead of the other so that they are in series (I think I got that term correct). Then you will connect the yellow and back wires to the other 2 leads. Be sure you have the headlight switch there connected, the wires are color coded there.

Then for the rear taillight, if you are using one, go purchase a LED replacement bulb at an autoparts store. That way you are using about zero watts back there and have the most for the front output. With the stock stator, that will give you plenty good light.

s.d.duner

Oct 28, 2003
most of the aftermarket lights ive found have been the strap on type.
How well do these fit?
The acerbis DHH looks interesting w/ two 35w halogens for $79, but its a universal light so i dont know how it'll fit.
Anyone w/ experience with this light???

Top Bottom