justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Heartland Spode spring ride and campout DIRECTIONS HERE

I know it's a little early but I wanted to start planning my spring so I thought that we should schedule our "big" spring ride and campout.

I would like to invite some of the TX and KC guys. Have a nice meal. etc.

Friday till Monday of Memorial day. At my farm in Glencoe OK 1 1/2 west of Tulsa.

Ask any questions.

Directions. From OKC go north on I35 to Hwy 51 (stillwter Exit) head east on 51 go through Stillwater. About 11 miles east of Stillwater Turn North on Hwy 108 (Hwy 108 does not go south, be careful, this turn is easy to miss) Go north on hwy 108 through Glencoe. Go two miles north of Glencoe. Turn right head east on county (paved )road. Go east 4 miles, turn south (past deadend sign) and go 1 mile south, turn east(only option) go 3/4 mile Brown farm house, white garage, red barn on left side of road. gate sits at a 90 degree angle to road. Go down road and circle in around the circle drive and come back through the gate. Once throught the gate turn right head throught the pastrue. Orange arrows will be posted from the highway on. gate is NARROW but you can get a semi through it.

From Tulsa get off of turnpike at pawnee exit. go north to LoneChimney Lake sign turn west Jay do you remember how.....do Ihave to go through it all??

From Enid exit at Morrison exit onto hwy 64, head east on hwy 64 to hwy 108 go south 6 miles (i think) turn left go east four miles, turn south 1 mile turn east 3/4 mile.
Follow arrows from highway.

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
He's one of us. He doesn't get a special invitation :confused:

I'm talking about biglou, Bundubasher etc. Not the Heartland Spodes

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm in. The 500 lacks water and ablutions but is a great place to ride. The FARM is always fun but leaves MX547 with "jump envy". LOL There is always Cooperland. We could talk to Chris Brown and do a trial Dirtweek there. Not sure about the expenses but we might be able to work a deal.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Brian, if you know the guy talk to him about what it would cost to rent the place from Friday to Sunday. :eek:

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
Now I never been to your farm, but I have heard you say it was all real tight stuff. If its tighter than the 500, than my vote is for the 500. All those durn trees like to jump in front of me and those whoops are fun.... they sure do make me aware of my leg muscles though :silly: But wherever.. we are in. Got a new camper so I gotta camp!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll try to contact him. Don't know if we could get Sunday without the regular MX crowd. Depends on if they are racing that weekend or not. How will we work out the dues for the 500 if we have it there? The 500 has the most to offer but Cooperlands track is better(safer). I'm happy with the woods at the farm but don't let me sway things. I been enjoying the MX stuff lately.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I will have the MX track better prepared at the farm. It is free and private and safe for the kids. But does not offer the variety that either of the other two. Permits are required for Stillwater but most of us already have them. We'll let everyone else chime in over the next couple of weeks

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
The 500 was fun last year, and I will make it back there. But, I'm with mx, lets do the farm.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I want to hear more about this farm ?! :)

B

biglou

Just a note-Jamie has a birthday ride planned for mid-May at Chadwick. That might be a good option for the "Spring Fling". Maybe Bundu and the other TX guys could come north to OK and hook up with the Heartland Spodes and carpool/caravan from there. Just throwing ideas around. :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Chadwick might be a bit extreme for some from what I've been told. However, I'm in favor of considering it.

B

biglou

I haven't been there yet, but from what I hear, they have very mild (No exagerating here!) loops and also very challenging trails. Some of the riders that are my speed have given me examples of how easy some of the routes are so I know they aren't lying!

Now, if Wade or Jason or Crusty says "C'mon, it's a cake walk!" Then you gotta factor that "A Class multiplier" into the equation, which translates the original statement into this: "I'm gonna take you on a ride that will break you down like a little school girl. You're gonna be crying like a whipped pup. You're gonna wish you had never been born!"

You get the idea!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
My vote is for the farm. If it ends up being on a 3-day weekend, it isnt that far to run to the 500 from Glencoe and we could plan an afternoon doing just that. I thoroughly enjoyed the last ride there.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I would love to come up and ride/wreck with you guys.......... :eek:

Now Thump, Twinspat, and a few others are convinced that Shady Grove (Shinny Grove) is the only riding place left on the face of the planet so I doubt you can coax them out of their little bitty world much less get them to ride north of the Red River, but I game for any new riding, but I don't think my wife will be happy if you eat me for dinner. :confused:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
taraker-you take things literally huh??? ;) If you were a possum you might have to watch out for swift.

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Good idea, Lorin. The farm is cool, and we could hit the 500 one afternoon. I vote for June, my family gets together on Mem. day.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Oh yea, Matt is quite the sensitive little sweetie. I'm up for the farm, I really like the word free. Memorial day weekend would be better for me, of the two. Would that be a Fri-Sun thing or a Sat-Mon thing? I would love to join yall but I might have to work some that weekend, and the next I'll be in Cancun. But don't factor me much into your decision making, seeing as how I might or might not come.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
MMMM, possum pie and fat back. Maybe Uncle Jed will bring Granny out from Beverly Hills. Hope they'll leave Jethro there.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Justql, OKKX'r, and I talked today about the date for this ride. If we ride Memorial Day weekend, we can do a day at the 500. If we do the next weekend, we can ride all day Sat. and part of Sunday and camp out Fri. and Sat. nite. I can do either. A few of you guys have some family happenings so get to talking with the spouses and lets nail down a date.
For those of you that have not experienced the "Farm". It is a nice place to camp and ride. The kids will have fun and so will the spouses. Justql's family wants to "F E E D" us! We need to give them some notice.

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Shady grove versus Chadwick????You can actually get lost at Chadwick(seriously). Lou ...broken down like a school girl? It is rockier than White Rock but there are a few "easy trails" My 12 year old has gone up Dairy Queen hill on a 65 and an 80 with much huffing and puffing(by me and him).
Where is this FARM located??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom