BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
It looks like this ride is not going to happen, 3 or 4 guys does not a spodefest make :ugg:

Throw out some dates for me, see if we can find a better weekend. We have fantastic riding weather here up til end November ?

The spring ride is usually a gamble, some weekends are beautiful, others you get blown away.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I'm looking at making the 11/22, 11/23 races at Matador, Tx.
Could look at doing the race, instead of Lake McKenzie?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BunduBasher
It looks like this ride is not going to happen, 3 or 4 guys does not a spodefest make :ugg:

Throw out some dates for me, see if we can find a better weekend. We have fantastic riding weather here up til end November ?

The spring ride is usually a gamble, some weekends are beautiful, others you get blown away.

Dang it ... The rest of November is out for me. :whiner: I was really hoping to pull this one together. Heck, Jeff and I may come anyway and just wonder around.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
All is not lost yet, we can still do this - I am still making the arrangements.

Just need some more names on the list. Hey, if we get 6, we can all just share the cabin.

I am hoping for at least ten, make it worthwhile for Jeanette our cook and caterrer.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:thumb: I'll unerase it!!!!!

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Rode my street scooter to MacKenzie today, had Jeanette cook me a burger and she told me Allen was planning a ride. Boy, I always get in on these things at the last minute. I have to work Friday and Sunday but I'm in for Saturday. I'm in for breakfast and supper that night too.

Have you been putting up ribbon Allen. Thought I saw some last week.

I was planning on going tomorrow to ride. I need to cut lots of face slappers.

There are a few new trails this year that you all should enjoy. Heck , if I had known about this ride this morning I would have kept my plans to haul the camper down this weekend to stay a few days and do trail work.

Are you setting up a poker run Allen. Everyone seemed to like the route last year.

If you're not getting enough response to the ride, it could be because of the forum that it's in. Post it in the general /organized rides forum.

Derek

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Glad to see you are still around Derick, I have not been to Lake McKenzie in a while.  I have been wanting to get hold of you.

I plan to set up a poker run again, will be out there all Friday if I can, I took the day off.

If we can get 10 or so guys there I'll be happy, it looks like none of the Heartland Spodes are going to make it.

Last edited:

Calcaneus

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
I have Friday and Saturday off that week. I will be coming in around noon on Friday, and leaving sometime Saturday afternoon. Mark me down for Saturday breakfast and a spot in the cabin Friday night, if a spot is still available.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Calcaneus
I have Friday and Saturday off that week. I will be coming in around noon on Friday, and leaving sometime Saturday afternoon. Mark me down for Saturday breakfast and a spot in the cabin Friday night, if a spot is still available.

Whoo Hooo!!! :thumb: "sometime Saturday = after Dinner!!!!"

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Ken, glad you can make it, we have space for you in the cabin, that makes 4 of us, 2 spots left.

Looks like we get at least 10 in for Saturday.

Woo hoo :)

Last edited:

Calcaneus

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

Whoo Hooo!!! :thumb: "sometime Saturday = after Dinner!!!!"
[Well since I have recieved a written invitation , mark me down for for the Saturday evening meal. BTW in the Panhandle we call that SUPPER. ;) /QUOTE]

jsirvine

Mar 20, 2002
So what is the difficulty of the terrain? It's probably too far but I've driven further. I'd bring my daaughter along and she isn't super adventurous, but getting better.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Some really nice rides for beginners, some tough stuff for the adventureous, river crossings, hill climbs, steep drop offs, a little of everything.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Double Trouble is coming in from Kansas with his two kids, looks like there are no more spots in the cabin.

If anyone is camping or bringing and RV, please let me know - There are hookups for 6 RV's

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Woo hoo, just over a week to go, can't wait to get there.

Will anybody be camping or bringing an RV ?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Calcaneus
... BTW in the Panhandle we call that SUPPER. ;)

Supper it is!

Alan: It will be 9:00ish before we get there on Friday evening. I assume the cabin is near the marina.

Check out the weather for Tulia. The 10 day shows ideal weather for the coming weekend. Lows on the 40's, highs in the 70's and sunny!

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
The past few weeks we have been having fantastic weather - I saw the forecast for next weekend too - looks like a winner.

Yes, the cabin is right next to the Marina - I would call it a cottage !

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
A word of warning to everyone staying in the cabin. Bundu snores like a frieght train. I'll sleep outside in a tent before I stay in the same room with that guy again. lol

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:moon:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'll bring a skillet .... :laugh:

Seriously, if I counted correctly, with kids and all, the cabin is beyond full. Jeff and I can do the tent thing, if it makes it easier. Might just do the ol' tarp and cot routine. Well maybe not, the 40's might be a bit breezy.

I am bringing firewood and a desert heater as well. Somebody be sure and bring marshmellows ... and coat hangers.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
You are a good man Tony Eeds :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BunduBasher
You are a good man Tony Eeds :thumb:

:o Awwwwwwwwwwww .... shucks, it's nuthin' :thumb: