Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I think I have a buddy that will be joining be. Tim V meet him on our trip to New Mexico this summer. I guess I will be tenting it. Lows in the 40's does not sound so bad. I might as well not even unpack the dirtweek stuff :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Have fun guys.  I'll be thinking about you.  However, I have commitments.  They are good commitments though.  The Scottish Rite does a lot of good things and I'm happy to be a part of it. 

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
Actually Dan, you met Tim at the last MacKenzie spodefest, that is, if it's the same Tim V.

Originally posted by Danman
I think I have a buddy that will be joining be. Tim V meet him on our trip to New Mexico this summer. I guess I will be tenting it. Lows in the 40's does not sound so bad. I might as well not even unpack the dirtweek stuff :)

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
That's him. Its to bad that he didn't get to stay the rest of the weekend. My buddy told me today that he might have to be on call for work, but might be able to trade weekends with somebody. He might. The deal is even sweeter as he has Tech tickets to go with the weekend :cool:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Whoo Hooo .... only a few more days!

The >>>WEATHER<<< looks like it will be perfect.

Loaded up the trailer with everything except the bikes and clothes over the weekend.

I'm heading out to Fort Stockton, where I don't have web contact, so I will check in on Wed evening or Thursday morning. See everyone soon.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Bad news guys - I visited Jeanette yesterday to make the bookings, and boy was I in for a surprise.

Due to some of the locals abusing Jeanettes hospitality, she now charges a flat rate of $25 per person per night, and you have to bring your own bedding. Last year it worked out to be $12.50 per person a night.

Kids stay free but adults have to pony of $25 a night. I think I will be camping, maybe rent Derricks pop for the weekend.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Bad news guys - I visited Jeanette yesterday to make the bookings, and boy was I in for a surprise.

Due to some of the locals abusing Jeanettes hospitality, she now charges a flat rate of $25 per person per night, and you have to bring your own bedding. Last year it worked out to be $12.50 per person a night.

Kids stay free but adults have to pony of $25 a night. I think I will be camping, maybe rent Derricks pop for the weekend.

I'll have cash in hand! Let's show her that we are better than the locals! :aj:

I'm also cool with camping, if that is the direction everyone goes. I don't want to be off in the cabin, while you guys are having fun around the fire. I already have the tent, bags and pads in the trailer.

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
No problem Tony, we will keep the cabin.

On the good news side, the menu for Saturday night is Roast Beef.

Breakfasts will be a buffet, with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hash browns etc.

Did I mention, the food is always great :)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
On the good news side, the menu for Saturday night is Roast Beef.

Good thing Lorin isn't going to be there! :scream: :silly: :moon: :uh:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I may be bikeless. :( Had a mishap this weekend and chipped my clutch cover. The part that is chipped is a race that holds an oil seal (around the clutch seal shaft). It leaks pretty bad and makes a hell of a mess. I found out tonight the bearing that sits under the seal is an NTN bearing so I may be able to get them localy, but I still have to fix the cover. I think I can use some JB weld as it does not need to be all that strong. If I get it fixed I will be trying to get things together quickly. :flame:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Dan, hope you can make it, I am about to leave.

Time you got a new bike buddy :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Lubbock,coming from the south, you can either get off at Eunice and drive the back roads, or get up to Tulia, turn east on 86 take the road to Silverton, about 10 miles out of Silverton you will get the 207 North to Claude, this leads right past the lake.

Dallas, from DFW, you will need to take the 207 from Claude, keep on this through the canyon for about 40 miles, this will take you directly to the lake. If you get to the T junction of 86 Silveten/Tulia, you have gone too far

From Oklahoma head for Amarillo, take 207 to Claude about 30 miles from Amarillo, head through Claude, and on to Lake McKenzie.

For all of us - when you come through the entrance to the lake, turn left and drive across the dam wall - keep going straight, past the cafe and ablutions, keep on this road and it will take you directly to the ATV area , which is just past the kiddies park - Rotary Park, a few hundred yards through the atv section you will find the camp area in the left, just of the road.

See you all there.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I will be there in the morning. I have still don't have my bike. I could not find the seal local and it has not made it yet. My bud is loaning me his Girl Friends TTR225. At least I will have a ride.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
cool dan.........im glad you are gonna make it after all.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
hey that's great Dan, We, Ken, Neal and myself, just set up an awesome hare scramble course for the poker run, the best yet.

I had to come back to Amarillo to do the trick or treat thing - looks like poor Calceneas is camping all by himself.

Top Bottom