Heather Williams - broke back doing nac nac 5/17

broke back

Jul 8, 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heather Williams - broke back doing nac nac 5/17
DNR members are wonderful! I received loads of emails and letters from people I didn't even know. I do freestyle jumping and racing. I was at practice at Calhoun SX in Calhoun, GA on May 17th around 9:45pm. I was on a jump I do all the time it is about 75 ft long an throws you about 40 ft high and I had just learned to do a nac nac and something happened were I couldn't bring the back end back to me, although I cleared the jump my back end landed at a 45 degree angle and I broke my back completely into. I don't remeber the wreck, I had a pretty bad concusion. I stayed in ICU (Intensive Care Unit) at the hospital for seven days then in physical therapy about two and a half days and then they let me go. I have four 8" rods and eight screws in my back and a foot long prize scar. I also have a 3" prize scar on my right hip where they took a bone graph to fuse with my back. I just landed wrong, they doctors said I was the worse case he has seen that was not paralyzed. I broke my L2 completely into and the only thing holding me together was muscle, the doctor called it a floating position. And they said if I would have moved or got up it would have severed my spinal cord paralyzing me or instantly killing me. God was watching over me and He gave me a second chance to walk. I have a brace I have to wear for about 2 months that looks like a chest protector and it is rough. I live on the lake and we ski and wakeboard alot so I hope I get to ski soon. Thank you so much for all of the response and support I have received! Words cannot express my appreciation. I am at home mending, I would love to here from any of you!

Heather Williams #413
heather.williams@mindspring.com

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
Glad to hear you are doing better and will be able to walk again. From the description of your break you are very fortunate. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Do you think you will continue to ride?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Glad to hear you're doing better, Heather! :)

Hope you'll be back on that bike real soon. Keep us posted.

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Glad to hear you are doing better. I saw you riding at Mounster Mountain and I was very impressed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Ouch! Hope you get better soon.

-jeffd

PS - take it easy for a while, OK?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
Heather,
Saw you riding/jumping at Monster Mountain during ourSouthern Spode thingy. It was terrible hearing about your accident but am so glad to hear how well you are doing.

Wish I could still knee-board, but the knees say no! Good luck on your continued recovery!:cool:

Top Bottom