Heather Williams - X Games Aug 16 Philly

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
You might remember posts last year about Heather who had a back-braking injury doing one of her freestyle jumps in May 2001. She was millimeters away from being paralyzed. It is a miracle that she is even walking, let alone riding and jumping.Thanks to tough therapy that included a couple of rods in her back and a brace that looked like a chest protector, she is riding again. Thinking that she might never be able to ride again, she took to wakeboarding and water skiing.... but after two months of this, she climbed on a bike and started riding/jumping again..... the wonderful news is that she is invited to demo at the X Games in Philadelphia Aug 16....
Join me in wishing her good luck in this event but above all that she be safe in all of her risky jumps..... may be she'll post some pictures of her recent jumps...... and may be we'll get to see her on the X Games broadcast...

Pokie

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
I met Heather today at Diamond Back MX track in North Ga. She is a cool gal and very nice.She showed me the scar on her back, yikes! She was getting some major air and busting a few tricks too. WTG Heather

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I saw Heather ride at Monster Mountain just before she broke her back. After her injury, DRN members put together a ton of e-mail for her at a website Ivan set up.

I printed them off and mailed them to her while she was in the hospital. She really appreciated the support, and sent me a lengthy email thanking everyone at DRN.

She and her husband are cool people.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Not only did she go out of her way sending replies but she also sent some cool pics of her jumping too.  I'm glad to hear she is doing well. :thumb:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
never did see the broadcast, but here is a pic she sent some time ago.... quite a fearless individual...

Attachments

• heather-cropped.jpg
    heather-cropped.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 365

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Here's a pic she sent of her hardware. :scream:

Attachments

• heather back2.jpg
    heather back2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 362

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Daing JP! I thought this was a family site.

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
What was I thinking? :o

Attachments

• heather11.jpg
    heather11.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 339

Byrd Man

Aug 24, 2000
LOL good one JP. I told her I was a member of DRN and that is where I had read about her. She told me about all the support letters that she received from you,Pokie and DRN members. She said really appreciated it.

Milton

Sponsoring Member
Sep 2, 2002
WELL If someone says girls dont have guts...then think again, I hope to met her at DW, and learn some tricks and shake her hand.
by the way great topless too JP, you did a good work LOL

heatherfmx

Feb 28, 2003
After I broke my back really bad I thought I would never ride again, but just 4 months after I broke I was wakeboarding an then 6 months it was time to easily get back on the bike. I got a 250f for Christmas and in 6 months I was invited to ride in the X Games for the 1st girls demo in FMX. It is really wild that I didn't start do the extreme tricks till after I broke my back. All the glory and credit goes to God! I just wanted to say thanks soooo much to DRN for all the emails that were sent to me from all over the place from people I didn't even know praying for me and wish me a get well. I greatly appretiate the thoughtfulness and kindness! Check out my website!

Heather Williams
www.heather-williams.com

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Glad you are healing up.  Thanks for joining us here at DRN.  Hang in there and hang out with us when you can. :cool:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Glad to hear everything is going well, Heather. Nice to see you're back. :cool:

LMAO @ JP!
roflol.gif

Last edited:

wardd

Aug 17, 2000
I have to admit, I've not followed fmx like supercross or motocross, so forgive me. Have to give my respect to those fmx riders though. I just had to comment that after checking out Heather's website, I thought it was an unusual coincidence that I too race a YZ250, 250B(and vet classes), and also run number 413.

On the downside, I also have paid my dues. Broke my femur last Sept, but can't imagine life without this sport.

Looks like I'm in good company!
David.

Top Bottom