pre-game

Jun 17, 2008
I picked up a set of heavy duty spokes and new pro wheel hoops, and tried lacing up the rims myself, the fronts only needed to drill slightly on the hoops for the nipples to fit, the rears tho.. needed the hoop drilled and now i have come to find out that the hubs wont take my new monster spokes.. anyone have tips on drilling out hubs for larger spokes??? i tried doing this then laced the wheel but something was off.. maybe i didnt drill enough angle on some of the hub, should i just drill them out a little more or will the extra play cause the hub not to seat the spokes,, i hope someone understands what i mean with out seeing what i am talking about.. thanks guys for any help or advise you may have... except buy a new hub. cause thats not an option right now. :yell:

B

biglou

I had to drill both the Pro-Wheel replacement rim holes out for my TTR125. Go figure, the nipples that came with the kit were too big for the holes in the rim, but just barely.

My spokes fit the hubs well enough. The rear is a drum brake, so it's a bit different, but the front is a standard disc brake hub, just like a YZ85. It seems the butted ends of the spokes didn't seat completely flush like I thought they should, but they tightened up just fine and have withstood a fair amount of abuse since then. But, my opinion of their product is somewhat skeptical.

I'd be somewhat leary of drilling the hub holes out on a 250. Then again, if it's not much of an enlargement, spread out over the number of holes, the difference in overall strength may be negligible. If you're fast, and jump big, I'd probably not do it, but that's just me.

Top Bottom