wolfmangk

Jun 18, 2002
Hello, I have an older 1979 RM 250 motorcycle. The engine is in great shape, and everything works OK (Except for the shocks, but that's a whole nother thread). I was wondering how I tell if it has a spark arrestor on it? If it isn't a spark arrestor, is there any way I could put a screen in the muffler (Weld it in or otherwise, i doubt there are aftermarket mufflers still available, and even then, I don't have the money!)There's a gap where the muffler fits into the pipe where I could easily wedge in a screen, it would work great, but would I get a ticket or some crap for doing this? The muffler right now is straight- through with a baffle all around the diameter of the pipe. Any spark arrestor mods out there?I would be willing to cut the thing in half, weld a grate into it, then weld it back together, would this suffice?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
the easiest thing I can tell you is to get an add on SPARKY spark arrestor they come in all sorts of different shapes to fit specific silencers . They basicaly just clamp on with set screws to the end of your silencer but you might want to think of a way to better attach it.

wolfmangk

Jun 18, 2002
I went to ebay and bought a hardly used Answer Turbine Core spark arrestor for 26 bucks. Did I get ripped off? Oh well, it's mine anyways. I hope it fits...

Top Bottom