Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
In his first few hours in office as our Governator, Mr. Schwarznegger has reversed the Illegal alien drivers license bill and also the tripling of our car tax. Just like he said he would. :eek: How refreshing.

Arnold signed an order and sent it to the Director of DMV, rescinding the tripling of the car tax that Davis had put in place in June. The Director, Steven Gourley, a former Davis campaign treasurer, was slow to act.

By Monday afternoon, word was getting back to the new governor's press office that the DMV was saying it didn't know when the tax cut would take effect. It might take 30 days to reprogram the computers, oh yea and there is a law that appeared to require 60 days notice of any change in the car tax law and so on and so on.

Well, whaddya know, Steven Gourley was fired that afternoon and was told to be out by the end of the day. :scream:

The car tax has now been rescinded and we seem to have a governator that is keeping his promises.

The people have spoken. Excuse me while I do a little dance here. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

What has this got to do with motorcycles? Well, Arnold rides motorcycles and this may be our chance to have someone in Sacramento on our side when it comes to access to public land. The people in charge of DMV are anti-access. This is why land is being closed to us and why dual sport bikes are being outlawed.

If enough of us write to the new governator and explain our side, maybe this could change. Just a thought.

RE; The Sacramento Bee.

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I'll second that dance! :yeehaw: :yeehaw:  It's already looking as if California will once again become 'The Golden State!' :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I knew that Austria-KTM connection thingy was going to come in handy for us Californians sooner or later ;) 

:yeehaw: :yeehaw:

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I also heard Arnold brought back lap-dancers in LA. But I've never been to CA, so it didn't bother me one bit. :confused:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
WOO HOO Just got my bill for my tags today, only $218 on a 2003 Nissan :) My old F-350, lowest they ever were was about $350 :laugh: Not too mention, i seen gas for $1.56 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, just maybe, there is a politician/actor on the left coast that will try to pull Kalifornia back into the mainstream.  Glad to hear you guys aren't having to use the KY before going to the DMV.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by mx547
i watched predator for the first time last nite.
Only the first time!?!? My god man! :eek:

Now you'll be coming around on the whole RC thing, eh? ;)

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
remember mx547................it bleeds we can kill it

Top Bottom