stansama

Mar 13, 2013
Hey all, new member here my name is Stan and I live in Maine. I grew up out on North Haven island, a small spot of land off the coast of Camden/Rockland that houses only 350 year round residents. It was a unique experience to grow up and go to school out there.
Anyway, I've been browsing this site for a few weeks and decided to join so that I could start my own thread about the 1990 KDX200 I picked up and plan to restore within my financial limits. Look forward to discovering more on this site and will probably be seeking advice along the way as this is my first time working on a dirt bike. I'll try to get a post up later with some pictures of the bike, just wanted to say hi for now! :ride:

fatcat216v2

Aug 29, 2009
Welcome Stan from Maine. Beautiful part of the country! Met some folks who own some acreage and say there are just miles and miles and miles of trails to ride. I am a big fan of watching bike restoration, so, looking forward to your posts. Just an FYI, you have to have a few posts before the forum lets you posts pictures or links, so, just participate here and there in some discussions and you'll be good to add those photos!

stansama

Mar 13, 2013
Sorry for the delayed response, been busy at work and busy with projects. The riding season varies, usually we have nice weather between April and October, though spring and fall can be very chilly at times and feel much like winter. I've got a lot to update when I have the time, getting late now, but I'm looking at parts to fix my sometimes non-working kick start. I imagined I would find some splines shaved when I got into the engine, but to my surprise everything looks to be in perfect shape in terms of gears hooking up on the kickstart shaft. I thought I read somewhere that the spring can cause issues of the kickstarter failing, is this true? It seems to have decent tension left in it, but I'm unaware of how they are new. It will catch some times, other times it just clicks on the downstroke. Any advice would be appreciated!

stansama

Mar 13, 2013
My cylinder arrived back from Powerseal USA, along with a new Wiseco piston. I'm astonished as to how beautiful this thing looks compared to how it was when I shipped it out. It's like turning a turd into gold!

Top Bottom