YamIT

Jan 12, 2004
Hello everyone! Thanks for putting this site on the web!

I just bought an '83 Yamaha IT 175... the first bike that I have personally owned. I've dinked around on my friend's bikes, but never ridden enough to consider myself anything more than a beginner. I just moved to an area near Cadillac, MI and there are two ORV trails between home and work. They were teasing me. I (finally) convinced my wife to allow me to get a bike and bought an older one (for less $$$) to ease my way in. I plan on riding once a week after work (during the fairer months), and hopefully more.

This would be a lot easier without all of these popups. I think I installed an adware or something... any suggestions for removing it???

Anyway, thanks for the site. I hope that someday I can give back a little bit of what I am taking!

-JP

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Welcome YamIT!

Take some time to get familiar with the site and how the forums are organized. LOTS of great info to keep you reading over the winter months. By spring you'll be ready to rip.

And be sure to stop by the Michigan Trail Riders forum - that's right, just for us!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Welcome aboard. I think the pop ups are set to only show up once a visit or less so you may have an issue on your end. I think you need to let your browser accept the cookie from this site so it knows not to send you more pop ups.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Welcome to DRN YamIT. Enjoy the typing styles from around the country and world. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Milk
Welcome to DRN YamIT. Enjoy the typing styles from around the country and world. :)

Sooooo true.

Find a place on the couch and join in. Oh, and don't sit anywhere that Milk has just got up from. He spills things sometimes.

As Smit-Dog mentioned, check out the Michigan Trail Riders aka Michigan Mafia for a bunch of really good information. Some of them are old enough to have ridden your Yamaha when it was new, :laugh: so they will likely have lots of good info there as well.

Cool bike, you need to hitch a ride with them and bring you and it to DirtWeek '04, coming up in the fall.

If you have any questions, please ask. If we know the answer we will tell you, if we don't we will straighten up to our full height and make one up. :thumb:

YamIT

Jan 12, 2004
Thanks y'all. Hopefully I won't ask too many stupid questions... I do know how to use the search function so that should help.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by YamIT
.... I do know how to use the search function so that should help.

OMG, send the man a gold star! We have members that have been here for years and not found search! :laugh:

Enjoy ... no question is stupid. It may have been asked and answered a thousand times already, but it isn't stupid. That is where search comes in. :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
well you found a great bike, the right online site for dirtbike info, looks like you are set. My first serious dirtbike was an IT250 - loved that bike (yeah, that was nearly 20 years ago :thumb:

YamIT

Jan 12, 2004
It was '84 according to the Clymer manual I saw online. That brings up a question... do dirt bike riders count additional displacement when you bore out a cylinder like you would with a 350? I guess mine is bored out to the hilt... I'll be keeping my eyes open for a new jug and piston.

-JP

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by YamIT
Thanks y'all. Hopefully I won't ask too many stupid questions... I do know how to use the search function so that should help.

You know the old sayings...

"There are no stupid questions" and "The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked"

Welcome to the DRN experience.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Welcome YamIT to the "Michigan Mafia" as I guess we are called now!
Lots of great guys to hook up & ride with in the state. We ride the Cadillac loops quite frequently we will have to hook up. Wednesday is practice ride day once the snow leaves.
Don

YamIT

Jan 12, 2004
It's likely that I won't be able to keep up, but I'll sure learn a lot I'm sure. I'll be sure to keep in touch!

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Mar 6, 2002
Welcome JP.

I have had great sucess with Ad-aware. It's free and does a good job removing scumware. If it's DRN related popups then the benefits far outweigh any inconvenience. ;)

TrackMaster2

Dec 1, 2003
welcome, i also had 2 old bikes myself a 1977 kawasaki km100 and a 1986 yz80, dont let anyone give you a hard time about your bike, everyone made fun of me and i was faster than a lot of people on that 80, that shut em up, but dont listen to them if they make fun of you, dont get mad at em, theyll get their pay later on in the riding day.

Top Bottom