Hello from Motometal to the birthday well wishers and the rest of you spodes

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Hope all is well with you and yours! On my birthday, I was on vacation at Deal's Gap. Some of you may have heard of this, very mountainous/scenic/twisty road area of TN and NC. I rode what is called "the Dragon" on my XR650L (and an H2 750 two stroke, and an FZ1), many times. This is quite honestly the craziest thing I have ever done, and I am glad to be home safe. The Dragon is a blacktop road with over 300 turns in 11 miles with no intersecting roads, but is two way traffic and has turned in to quite a circus since it is known world wide to be one of the best roads of it's kind. Many car and motorcycle clubs/organizations have their yearly shindig there. It is hard to put into words how fun that road is, sorta like someone that never got to ride on a "good" track going to Cooperland for the first time. Deals Gap was a 13 hour drive away, but i'm glad I experienced it and may even go back another year.

Otherwise, i'm still riding the same dirt bikes (although not nearly as often as I used to) and still having a birthday at least once a year. So I'm probably done with "big" vacations for this year, but Fox Valley is a definite possibility...might even bring the wife this year! :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the latest issue of "motorcyclist" magazine has a section of crash photos from deal's gap.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You're not doing the FZ1 rally at the Dragon in a couple weeks? I did that one last year and last August booked my hotel room for this June. Now, with no bike, I won't be going.

Top Bottom