ack

Mar 17, 2010
Fuquay-Varina, NC
ack: Tell us about yourself!

Hello all,

Just picked up a 2005 KDX220 yesterday.
Looking forward to getting out on it this weekend.

It's my first Kawasaki dirtbike, so I must start reading the stickies on it. It's pretty much bone stock except new tires, chain, sprockets and grips.

I do mostly tight pinewood trails and occasionally some mountain trails. I'm about 6' and 215 lbs., so I think I'm going to get a stiffer rear spring. I'll know more after this weekend.
One thing I noticed on my short test ride, is that the bike seems to be able to chug in 1st and 2nd gears, which is great for the pinewoods. I had it almost dead stopped with no clutch, and it never felt like it wanted to bog..it actually feels like it has a Flywheel Weight on it.

Any initial tips or heads-up will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

ack

Mar 17, 2010
Fuquay-Varina, NC
Hello all,

Just picked up a 2005 KDX220 yesterday.
Looking forward to getting out on it this weekend.

It's my first Kawasaki dirtbike, so I must start reading the stickies on it. It's pretty much bone stock except new tires, chain, sprockets and grips.

I do mostly tight pinewood trails and occasionally some mountain trails. I'm about 6' and 215 lbs., so I think I'm going to get a stiffer rear spring. I'll know more after this weekend.
One thing I noticed on my short test ride, is that the bike seems to be able to chug in 1st and 2nd gears, which is great for the pinewoods. I had it almost dead stopped with no clutch, and it never felt like it wanted to bog..it actually feels like it has a Flywheel Weight on it.

Any initial tips or heads-up will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Howdy from the DFW Metromess and welcome to the site :cool:

Have you completely filled out your info in your CP? Be sure and do so. After that grab a spot on the couch.

Fill us in on the who, what, when, where, and how long, and we will try and hook you up with some fellow members.

Have a question? Try search and you might find a plethora of information in the database. If not, post your question and you will likely get some very knowledgeable responses, sprinkled with a bit of humor.

Check out the Every Kdx Rider Should Read This! thread in Canadian Daves JustKDX forum. It will lead you to piles of information on the KDX. Our own FredT, dirtbiker extrodinair has authored a compendium of information relating to the venerable KDX. Be sure and check it out!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
oops

I split your post out of the big thread before realizing that you had also posted a thread. :)

Top Bottom