ChickOnDRZ

Aug 26, 2007
Hi Dirt Rider Peoples,

I have a 2004 DRZ400S And been having some problems with it! It has Yosh full exhaust, Both Hotcams, Stage2 Jet kit, K&N Filter with 3x3 MOD. And other goodies.

Last week I took the baffle out of the Yosh pipe Model # TEC-SB and it has been running great up until recently popping and cracking, shooting flames out the pipe etc.. and then not wanting to run at anything other than an idle until it cools.

SO, I went over to my parent's house where I left the baffle to put the baffle back in and my nephew cleaned the garage and threw it away not knowing what it was.

I am looking to buy a FCR-MX Carb ASAP and think the "gone" baffle will not matter once jetted right with that carb.

Can I get around buying another baffle? If not, Where can I buy just the baffle and not the entire tail pipe?
I hope I can just jet the new carb "when I find one to buy" to work with the baffle out.

Thanks in advance!
:ride:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the General Bike Repair forum so it will get more views.

Grab a spot on the couch, crank up a new post here and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Be sure and check out the Women's Forum. There are a great bunch of gals in there and they are always willing to help.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ChickOnDRZ said:
Hours later and no reply Sheesh BUMMER!
Leda

Well, excuse us for not jumping right on that. :whoa:

Why would you want to run without your baffle. The Yosh pipe is very loud without the baffle. All you are going to do is pizz-off a bunch of people and make it harder for the rest of us to find places to ride. :coocoo:

Go buy a new baffle at www.yoshimura-rd.com

Check with sudco.com for the carb.

ChickOnDRZ

Aug 26, 2007
For one.. on the highway they hear you beside them and won't cut you off.

I wanted to put the baffle back in but my nephew cleaned the garage at parent's house and threw it away not knowing what it was. I ordered a new one today though, along with.. Valve SHim kit, Service manual, and an FCR-MX carb from SUDCO I will have by tomorrow. $615 with express shipping hehehe I want it now! Muahhahaa

SMILES
Leda

Last edited:
Top Bottom