forbes

May 17, 2006
hello all, i'm from southern vermont and my bike is a 91' kdx 200. i've been reading through the tech tips for about a week. i have installed a cycle computer, an idea i got from there and i'm getting ready to pull the KIPS valves and clean them out. thank you all for the welth of information that i have already looked through. the question that i have is that in going though the list of things that i need to do, i have found that i need to replace the shift lever. the stock replacement is 40 bucks, but MSR makes a real nice alum. one for half that. the problem is that they indicate that it fits kdx's from 95' on.. i've looked everywhere for one similar that would fit my bike but the only one's i can find are cheezie black steel ones. i looked at a parts diagram for the bikes and though the part #'s are different the two look the same. is it safe to asume that the MSR lever will work on my bike. another thing that led me to believing that this might work is other after-market shift levers that say that they would work for a different year spread: eg. 91-97. thanks agian ,

P.S. i can't spell :whoa:

forbes

May 17, 2006
thank's morie, it's just that i really like the msr one. it's just sweet. your right though i should just get a steel one and get on with it.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
No problem. Keep an eye on your KIPS valves. They have a bad habit of freezing up from carbon buildup and then stripping out.

Top Bottom