DR250

Apr 18, 2001
Just joined the forums a few weeks ago. I am amazed to see how many other ladies are into dirt bikes. It is very encouraging to see the excitement from everyone else here!!! I have been riding for 18 years and never once though of giving it up, even through all the crashes of learning!!! I enjoy reading all the posts and look forward to many more. I am also amazed to see the race and harescrambles you all enter!! There are not many rides around my area that I know of (Pittsburgh,PA). So far we have gone on two rides, Cochranton and Madera rides. What a blast!!!!

Just wanted to say Hello and looking forward to reading more from everyone!!

Carrie
90 DR250
01 DR650SE

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hi Carrie, and welcome! Good to see another representative of the Northeast on the boards! With 18 years of riding, you must have a funny/cool riding story you could share with us!

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
Welcome Carrie! Good to see another East coast woman rider :)

There are lots of good rides that I know of in eastern PA and also towards the middle. MX, HS, enduros and some good riding areas. It would be a couple of hours drive for you. When I am going, I'll let you know, if you are interested.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Welcome Carrie! It's always great to see another female rider hop on board the DRN wagon! :) With 18 years of experience you can hopefully share it with those of us who are still clueless, namely me! :)

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Welcome Carrie

I"m always glad to welcome another female rider to DRN. One word of advice, this place is the best around. It's also addictive. Throw a riding story our way. We love to hear about everyone's adventures. ;)

Again.....Welcome!

DR250

Apr 18, 2001
A couple pieces of advice that I have used all those years of riding is, it may sound corny, ride like noone is watching. The more you have fun the more you will improve. When I started riding around 9 or 10, all we did was crash and had a blast doing. I never really cared what the others thought, i just rode without a care.

Another bit of advice - if you know you can do it, do it. Don't listen to some one who says you can't. A group of went out riding. There were about 10 quads and one bike (me). We had been messing around in an area that had jumps hills, loops, etc. There was one hill that went straight down and was loose dirt, shale. I stopped at the top contemplating on whether to give it a go or not. Then one guy came up and said "you'll never get back out of there. You can't climb that cuz it is loose dirt". Well, all you have have to say to me is "you never" or "you can't"!!! So down the hill I go. By the time I had gotten to the bottom to turn around, everyone was there to watch me. Talk about pressure!!! I had just met most of these guys and I did not want them to think a girl can't ride. As usual my bike didn't let me down. I caming flying off the top of that hill (just like the guys always say - balls to the wall!!!) and never missed a beat. Always believe you can do it!! Man, I got an adrenline rush reliving that!!!

Most important - HAVE FUN!!!!

Carrie

Top Bottom