Hell's Holler H.S. 8/22/04 - Not just for Missourians

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Yesterday I had the unique opportunity of helping break in new trail for the upcoming Round #10 of the Missouri Hare Scrambles Championship (MHSC). The property is located in Northeast Missouri near the town of Newark. And what a property it is...the initial loop that Gary Mittleberg & Co. had marked was around 16 miles, of which about 95% was completely new. The loop will end up a bit shorter because of some parts that the A & B riders would enjoy and novices wouldn't, but it should still be an awesome course on mostly virgin trails. Lots of technical stuff, some big hills, and hardly a rock to be found (my version of paradise).

There will be both ATV (a.m.) and bike races (p.m.) on the same day, but the courses share very little of the trails. For the bikes, that means lots and lots of singletrack. Even though this is a MHSC-sanctioned race, it's within easy driving distance from Iowa and Illinois. Just wanted to pass this along since the race doesn't show up in the back of the AMA magazine. It's worth attending.

(this was not a paid advertisement :laugh: )

Directions to Hell's Holler

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
How was the Hells Holler race?? I see Bill Gusse (OMA series promoter) is having a race near Memphis, MO. (just a few miles north of Hells Holler the way it looks on the map)...wondering if you or anyone else knows what that will be like?? THANKS. :ride:

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
Hell's Holler was absolutely perfect. So much new singletrack, about a 10 mile loop, and just enough moisture to keep the dust down. I'm confident it will be voted as Race of the Year at the MHSC banquent.

Not sure about Memphis. It's in the same general area, so I'd expect the same kind of terrain - smooth dirt when dry and few rocks. Could be messy when muddy. I don't plan to attend, but let us know how it turns out if you end up going.

munch

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2002
How much rain have you had in the area over the last few days? I'm planning on running the OMA race on Sunday, and wondering what I'm in for.

Thanks

Greg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom