friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
Has anyone had any experience with an ATC2000 helmet cam? There are several on "that auction site", and for around 100 bucks you can get one that will handle a 4GB SD card, and their claims sound pretty good...the samples they provide aren't too bad. I've been wanting a Viosport setup, or to build my own from a Sonly 520 line lipstick cam...but I don't know when I'll have the $$ to do that, AND I don't relish the idea of screaming through the woods with expensive cam equipment stuck to me :) I'm hoping someone has some experience, good or bad with these cams. Thanks.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
No one, huh? Well, I should soon be able to answer the question myself. A friend of mine just bought one. He's a VERY fair-weather rider though, so I'm not sure when we'll get it on the trails :) I'll post back with the results, just in case anyone cares. :nener:

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:

sorry, attempted to veiw it but i keep getting redirected to join ' my space ' and displayed other vids i could careless about. how ever i use to live in Ceadar Lake and towed in Merrillville on the police contract for my company. where was the race held? must be a location i havent seen....

Mar 8, 2007
friar tuck said:
Has anyone had any experience with an ATC2000 helmet cam? the samples they provide aren't too bad. .

I to have been looking at them for a cheap entry level camera, go on utube, and punch atc2000 in the search, plenty of sample video, some good some bad, I think the good ones were by people who took the time to set up the camera to 30 fpm setting.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/ryanu40/Apps/Videos.aspx The link worked for me???/Heres another,clip was taken at motoplex in Laotto,In.,one nice setup and he has an outdoor track too! His motto,ride it,break it, fix it,full shop services and a dyno! The film is a clip of my son doing a face plant on a rhythm section and the camera was duct taped to his helmet,when it went black,so did Ryan"s head!

Mar 8, 2007
Over another foot of fresh snow on Saturday, and who's riding?
Why I am of course!
I'll be riding by myself, up in my neck of the woods.
Since the trails are more open, I used industrial grade Velcro to adhere my video camera to the helmet, to make it interesting.
IM000502.jpg

and used a plastic electrical box for a false sence of protecion for the camera.
IM000503.jpg

I'll be heading out at 10am, this should be interesting.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Yeah, lol it will feel weird riding with all that weight on one side of the helmet. Might wan't to consider some counter weights.. (fishing weights maby?)

And i want a good cheap comera do use a helmet cam with. And i love to watch races with a helmet cam.

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
sorry foxforks, that didn't work eather. proably cause i am stuck on a dialup, thats is the only service i can get in the corn feilds here, satilite cost too much. high lord's vid was the only one i was able to reveiw.

katoom did the camra hold out good, i mean did the vid come out as if the camra was bolted to the helmet, no exsesive bouncing, it might...

Mar 8, 2007
Not to bad, at least I didn't loose it, it's a very expensive camera.
I finished putting together the video, just waiting for u tube to process it, and hoping their compression doesn't make it look like crap.

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
well when ya post it, i'll see if I can get a look at it.

Top Bottom