KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I ended up getting the Sony DCR-TRV350, it's a Digital 8 and has everything you need. I've been using the remote on mine. They also make a TRV250 which DOES NOT work, thought I'd found a cheaper alternative, it has the same inputs but they don't work the same. You have to have AV in AND out for it to work. I paid around $475 for the camcorder. Helmetcameras.com has a list of cameras that work if you call them, not sure how up to date it is though.

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
Tha Sony sounds like a nice one because of all of the features that are accessable. but the Canon z40 of Big Lou's didn't look like it had a very good picture. what was the deal with that was it that he was focusing on the front fender or what??? No affense Big Loui! I was just expecting better quality from your vid.

any recommendations?
What are the downfalls of everybodys gizmos?
I would really like to use the LINC its too sweet.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I love everything about my Sony TRV22 except the fact that i cant use the LANC for the problem of getting video to tape. If i had to do it over again, which i might just for convenience, i'd get the same camera but leave off the still photo feature. It doesnt take quality pics at 600x400 anyways and without the memory card it should record to the tape using the LANC.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
also, I purchased the 4 yr extended warranty with my camera from Bestbuy. I pretty much told them what I would be using it for, and they advised me that unless it is cracked in half, they will cover it. So if it gets wet and doesnt work, it is covered, etc.... It was expensive, like $130, but it also covers 2 camera cleanings a year as well, which are usually $30.. which is good for cleaning out sand and such. I have the Sony TRV33, it has lcd touch screen, and who knows the reliability with that, that is another reason why I bought the extended warranty.

Top Bottom