Helmets

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I've always like Fly. The make XX-Large. Decent price too.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Helmets range from pure junk (think china knock-offs for $75) to high end, advanced protection (Shoei, Arai, 6d and some others). At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I guess it all comes down to what you think your head is worth. More important than ratings (Snell, DOT, etc) which may or may not apply to off-road use, look for features like removable padding (cleaning & replacement), MIPS, custom cheek pads for a better fit, etc.

Three items I'd never skimp on: Helmets, knee protection and boots. They can be expensive, but surgery costs a lot more and recovery sucks.

ZedAchi

Feb 14, 2019
I am looking for a safe Snell Rated Off Road Helmet any suggestions?
If you ride off-road whether you're on a dirt bike or ATV, the helmet is the most important piece of safety equipment you can invest in. Check this one, GMAX GM11S Helmet With Electric Shield, meets safety standards.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Nice helmet, I have a couple of dot-snell Mx style helmets I got at cycle gear, they look good and I never throw a leg over my bikes without one...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…