Mar 1, 2005
two weeks after replacing all my plates and springs I think my clutch has started to slip again. I assume when the clutch slips the bike loses power and seems to stop pulling but the rev's drastically increase, at least that is what it seem's my bike is doing in the upper rpm's. Is there a point when the bike goes past it's usable power curve and if i keep the throttle open it will seem to stop pulling? I thought the bike should keep pulling until I back off the throttle. Also could someone tell me how to get the clutch free play right? I cant seem to get it right for some reason, i'm sure this is why the clutch is slipping. just for the added info. i'm using bel-ray 10w 40 for the gearbox. Thanks for any help. Also is it okay to use heavy duty springs in this bike?

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
First ,- put the bike in 5´th gear , give it some revs and release the clutch and if the engine stalls , everything is fine.
You have to have play in the clutch cable , or it wont release properly. If you cant get enough freeplay by adjusting the cable , maybe you have the wrong cable , or some other part is wrong......
IF the clutch is slipping , do not run the bike. There will be a lot of heat in the gearbox , very hard on the oil and , bearings/gears !
Honda is said to use clutch springs that allow the cluch to slip a little when you change gear......Stiffer springs will eliminate this , and the gears will be stressed more ....

joh9356

Mar 22, 2005
Also could be your pressure plate worn out or glazed. Did you check the thinckness or surfaces for glazing or cracking when you disassembled it?

Top Bottom