HELP!!!! 02 YZ250f coolant mixing with crankcase oil

MotoManiac

Jul 12, 2001
Just picked up what appeared to be a good running 02 YZ250f and then Kaboom!!! :yikes:

I bought this bike and when I got it home I noticed that the crankcase oil seemed "milky" or that it had had something mixed with it. The radiator was empty. Changed the oil and filled up the radiator. After I started it the header began smoking but the bike ran fine. I noticed that a small amount of water was leaking through one of the main tubes that connects to the radiator to the bike. After I fixed this I ran the bike up and down the street with no issues. Makes good power. After a quick ride I checked the oil again and it was milky again. The right side is simular to my 01 YZ250 and I figured it might be the seals @ the water pump and drive shaft to the impeller. After taking it apart I noticed that the seals didn't look that great so I replaced all the seals and gaskets inside the crankcase cover.

After putting the bike back together I did the same test and got the same results. Coolant in my crankcase.

Since this is my 1st 4-stroke, is there anything I'm missing? The only other thing I could think of it is a cracked block. Is that common? Any ideas?

Shocker......Cannot reach the seller.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan

Top Bottom