biggyfive-ohh

Feb 13, 2005
Just got an 06 sxf 250 last week. Wow, is it fun. My first time going orange but I am a little discouraged with the manual(s). They don't tell you how to check and/or adjust the valves. I found 1 spot in the spec's that tell the clearances are .004-.008 but nothing showing or telling how to do it. There is nothing on changing the piston or fork springs etc. What gives. I called the dealer where I bought it and asked if there is a service manual and the kid said that he wasn't aware of anything like that....that most people just brought the bike to them to have that kind of stuff done. I am pretty mechanically inclined, and I have been riding CRF's for the last 2 years and I had to re-shim alot and replace once(although I just took the head and cylinder off and took it to a real motorcycle mechanic to do the dirty work.) I'm sure I can figure it out but I sure would like some step by step instructions like the CRF manuals. Also, can anyone recommend spring rates for me. Six foot 225-230 with gear, mostly mx but many play rides and trips to the woods, but need to stick w/ mx suspension settings. I want to keep up a good maintanence program be cause I absolutely love this bike! It makes me feel like a double sized Alessi kid, and man is it super-fun. I just got it broke in and I need to do some quick checks and oil change(what about oil for these, used two different kinds on the crfs with moly for the engine and hondas two stroke tranny oil in the clutch side). Any responses wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :blah:

Top Bottom