Help a Downed Rider and Possibly Win YZ450F

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Doug Forstner Raffle

Doug Forstner has been a staple in the motocross community in Wisconsin for over 30 years. From little mini racer to one of the top "A" riders in the state, Doug has been there done that. Still going strong after 30 years in the sport, Doug recently had an accident that will most likely end his racing career.

Doug wrecked hard at the Des Moine Arenacross and crushed both ankles and broke his arm. He spent a week in the hospital down there and had a couple of surgeries. The bones were sticking out of his left leg into his Tech8's. He still does not have feeling his left foot and has external fixtures and rods in both legs and has been in a hospital bed since the accident. He'll probably have at least another 6 weeks before he can get the pins out and then another few weeks after that to see if he can try and walk again. His spirits are good even though he knows his racing days are now probably done. He's just hoping that he'll be able to walk again and take care of his family.

After a few more surgeries and more hospital time in his home town, Doug is still bed ridden, cannot work, and the bills are piling up. Doug does have insurance, but he is still responsible for a big chunk. He has a brand new 2005 YZ 450F and his YZ 450F from last year (2004 model). A few friends of Doug's wanted to raffle off those bikes for 2 reasons ...
1) to help him get rid of bikes that he wouldn't be able to ride anyway
2) and more importantly, to defer some of his medical costs.

So if you would like to help a brother in need, plus have a chance at a new scoot, buy a ticket or two. Each ticket is $10 and there will be only 2000 tickets sold. Time frame for the raffle is the arenacross in Green Bay in March, and if we need a little more time to sell tickets, it will be at the Dyracuse MX in April. No later than that so you can have your trusty new ride for the season.

You can pay online with a credit card ($.31 charge for each ticket to cover credit card fees) or you can send a check or money order to...

Jeff McLain
N2751 Buckhorn Drive
Appleton WI 54913
920-882-8097

Buy you tickets online here.

http://www.wisconsinmx.com/home.asp

Attachments

• yz450F.jpg
    yz450F.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 127

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Bummer. Will do.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
If anyone from DRN wins this bike :aj: I will work to set up a chain to get delivery accomplished. I know there are plenty of DRNers that will be more then happy to take part for a cause such as this. It may take a couple weeks but it will get deliverred

Last edited:

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
need new gloves........ bought three tickets instead. Best wishes to Doug and his family for recovery.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Today I had a chance to talk with Jeff who is organizing this and He said he was about to give up because it was going nowhere. The shot from DRN and Thumpertalk have given the effort new life and Jeff is feeling better about it again.
He promised in the next couple days to come on DRN and update us on Dougs condition and answer any questions you guys may have.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
I figured this would be a lock, only need to sell 2000 tickets. Then after the post had been up on Motodrive and motonews for several weeks I found out they still had only sold 151 tickets I figured it was time to try to spread the word.

Feb 3, 2005
Hello All

Hey guys (and gals),
We are up to 178 tickets sold thanks to all the additional postings. We kind of dried up the Wisconsin market and thankfully we are getting more entries from around the nation, and even a couple from Canada. There seems to be a new push to make this work and I am grateful to get the help. With the encouragement of friends we have decided to see this through to the end. There are events we will attend to push it, and we're getting help from motorcycle clubs around the state.
Doug is a great guy and this is really a no brainer. He has always been there for everyone else, now we get to be there for him.
Now for a little more background on Doug's progress. His left ankle is not healing and they are using a magnetic boot to stimulate bone growth. He has been laid up for 13 weeks now and will need an additional 11 with the new boot. If that doesn't work then the next option is bone grafts. Man, what a nightmare. You wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy. For motorcycle riders mobility is the key to life. That's why we ride motorcycles!
Anyway, we all appreciate your generosity and thank you for everything you've done.
Any ideas to help with the success of this are welcome for sure.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
done (you're up to 183 now) :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I just noticed this thread today. I'm IN.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Step up to the plate folks. Doug recently posted that he's getting the crap kicked out of him by insurance and his employer was kind enough to terminate his employment after 10 years of service :think: $10 can make a difference!

acanz

Damn Yankees
Dec 7, 2004
Is this still going on? I want to buy 2 or 3 but I went over my $250 credit limit (my parents pay for it so Im not complaining that its so low) buying new parts to maintain my bikes :(.

Oh yea, how many have to be bought before they do the drawing thing?

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Way too much bike for my tired old body but it's a great cause. Done deal.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Done Deal 5 tickets. Curtis

Top Bottom