Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Just about finished with a new feature for members, need a couple people to test it out.

We'll allow members to upload images in a gallery, everyone can have their own, they just have to be a registered member.

There are file size limits and space limits (more on that later). If you go to the link below, find the link there "Upload Pictures", follow the instructions and watch WHERE you tell it to put the picture "DRN Members", DirtWeek, etc. There are sub-categories in Dirtweek. Like the forums, try to post is the "correct" place. There is a drop down list in the upload form.

If you have pics that fit in the other gallery (DW 01) post in there. There will be more categories later on.

This thing isn't done yet, but is functional, looking for some feedback. Post any comments here. Easy enough to use?, etc...

PS: pic size limit is 500 pixels wide, more info in the program.

http://www.dirtrider.net/cgi-bin/photopost/index.pl

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Great Job Okie!

It's great to be able to access photos without leaving home (DRN).

Had trouble navigating back to here last night.
Looks like it has been fixed.
Just noticed the link to member galleries at the top of each board.

Like I said, Great Job!

Last edited:

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
Ok I got it to work..

Now I need to bone up on Photoshop so I can resize my photo's properly.. Is there going to be a link to the upload site somewhere? How about an edit feature so we can gert rid of our mistakes? (yes i screwed up my first pic.)

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Is there going to be a link to the upload site somewhere?
At the top of the page.. see "Member Gallery" ?
Under each of your posts "My Gallery"
In the menu drop down at the top of the page.

How about an edit feature so we can gert rid of our mistakes?
You can delete them can't you?
See your pic here: http://www.dirtrider.net/cgi-bin/photopost/index.pl?photo=122 , see the "Edit" ?

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I seem to have the same problem that oldguy and the kid had. It says login sucessful...but then it takes me to the login screen again. I got 3 pics sucesssfully loaded, but when I came back to do more, it no work. Did you get some large harddrives for christmas okiewan?
11,000 members * 250,000 bytes = 27,500,000,000 bytes, lots of space

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
This is really great. You're doing a good job here. Makes me wish I could go to DirtWeek. I turned on cookies and it worked. Two horns up:p

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
OMG, now I'll be spending twice as much time on this site!:scream:

This is awesome! I have ride pics at the developers right now. I can't wait!:)

Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
Well, Okie, it worked for my(pending approval) . If a puterspode like me can figure it out, anyone can. Great Job!

I won't post any of me for a while, hate to crash it this soon.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Just from looking at it, a few possible suggestions:
Can you give the avatar guys their avatars in the comments part?
Why does it say the number of times you've posted as opposed to the number of comments about your pictures?

Top Bottom