sean

Apr 26, 2000
Mods- I’m not sure if this is against any rules. If it is I apologize and please delete this thread.

I will keep this post short and to the point as I could go on forever… I will be graduating from Clarkson University this May with a B.S. in Business. The concentration of my course work lies in e-Commerce and Supply Chain Management. Clarkson was recently ranked 10th in the nation for their Supply Chain program.

The reason behind this post is that I am looking to start a career in the Motorsport industry. We have many career fairs at our school that allow us to talk to various companies, give them our resume etc. Unfortunately, there are no representatives from the Motorsport industry. I would like to network with these people so that I may find a way to include my true passion with my career. I have tried emailing companies like Yamaha, Yoshi, FMF etc… but I never get any type of response back…

If anyone on this message board is lucky enough to work in this industry, and would be willing to talk with an entry-level college grad eager to learn, it would be greatly appreciated.

With my young age, current skills, and desire to learn and grow, I would love to have the opportunity to be able to leave an impact on this industry.

Send me a PM or I can also be reached via email at larabese@clarkson.edu

Thanks everyone-

Sean Larabee

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Do some searching here:

http://corporate.honda.com/careers/jobs.aspx?id=job_search

I think you will find some interesting options. I worked with Honda of America (as one of their suppliers) for several years, both the auto and motorcycle plants as well as Honda of Canada. Great company and great people to work with.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I'm currently studying to become a mechanical engineer, hoping to work in the motorcycle industry. A job isn't called a job anymore, it's called a passion!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
trial_07 said:
A job isn't called a job anymore, it's called a passion!

Save your post and read it again in twenty years. If you are truly blessed, you will still feel that way.

:cool:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
That would be awesome! :nod:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
One of my favorite tv commercials of late is the one where the guy shows up all smiles for his job interview when the secretary tells him that his time slot would have to be cancelled since the boss' flight was delayed....
They kid hops into his car and rushes to the airport terminal where he holds up a sign with the boss' name on it.

If that story doesn't register, refer back to trial_07's pearl. ;)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Haha!!!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
trial_07 said:

Don't laugh! Your wisdom is golden. Passion for a job well done, all the details and beyond. Accountablility, drive, enthusiasm. All those things HAVE to be part of your "job" these days. :cool:

Sean - as for a career in Supply Chain Management...welcome to where it's all at. :nod: Keep in mind that whether you work in the motorsports industry, food, widgets or rock gardens, all the same parts are intact.

The advice I have for you is to learn, from the ground up, all the interacting roles for the total picture. Computer systems, warehousing, Product Supply, Scheduling, Order Management, Transportation, supply and demand, materials management, days of supply.....blah blah blah, there is lots of stuff in between.

Did you take the APICS certification in school? I'm just now taking those courses on the job. I learned more on the job than in those classes, however. It's all good ;)

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
GETMETOCA said:
Don't laugh! Your wisdom is golden. Passion for a job well done, all the details and beyond. Accountablility, drive, enthusiasm. All those things HAVE to be part of your "job" these days. :cool:

Thanks Natalie! Although all of this seems so far away...

Top Bottom