Help cleaning bike!

Madmanadam

Oct 30, 2007
Hi,
Im planning on selling my bike soon and getting a new one, so I need it clean :P. When I hose down my bike the dirt just appears again after its dry. How should I stop this? Use a water blaster? Use the car wash liquid nd sponge?
Also having the same problem with my Boots :(

Cheers. - Dumbo.

trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
I swear by Honda-Brite but it's a bit expensive. I don't know if yiou have Simple Green in NZ but it's a great inexpesive alternative to the specialty cleaners and it works just as well. After it's clean polish the plastic with ArmorAll or Pledge.

Not sure what to do with the boots - I just hose mine off everytime they get really muddy and that seems to work well enough.

ksilva

Nov 27, 2007
I personally use simple green, it works like a champ....

I also spray down my bike with wd-40 after I was my bike, keeps the dirt from sticking on my next ride and makes clean up quicker...

Good luck....

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
wat about engines and pipes? some parts of my engine and the bottom of my pipe are stained like a darker color like brown. theyre not shiny anymore? what would get rid of this, or am i stuck with it?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Pressure washer. Sometimes a scouring pad and carb cleaner. Some spray waxes do a good job of shining up old plastic.

490Dave

Mar 18, 2003
Those Mr. Clean miracle sponges work excellent for the whole bike. Trust me, with a little soap and water or glass cleaner and a magic sponge you can remove dirt you didn't even know was there. Then get some Maxima SC-1 cleaner/detail spray to finish it off. The sponge works great on ATM!

Mar 16, 2007
take off all the plastics, get some de greaser and a pressure washer, also a rag some soap and some elbow grease. if you could take the engine out that would be great too.

jse31602

Jan 1, 2008
Cleaning

1st remove your air cleaner and cover up the air cleaner hole, next hose down the bike to get large amounts of mud off. Now soak down the bike with Mr. Clean and let stand for about 2 minutes. Hose off and wipe down with WD40. Use what you like to shine and protect your pastic. Mr. Clean works good for boots too but us a leather conditioning cream, any automotive product will work. Good Luck ;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…