nistecmec

Dec 31, 2007
Wondering if anyone knows if the inverted front forks that come on the 2008 DRZ400SM will fit the DRZ400S and if its worth swapping? If not any suggestions on upgrading the stock front forks.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
if you swap out the tripleclamps, they should bolt up.

But being supermoto forks, they may be a tad shorter, and you'll have to check the axle to see if it matches the hub.

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
The forks on the SM are Showa 47mm from an RM250 (03 or 04 I think). You will have to change the triple clamps to accomodate the forks. Instead of the SM forks I would look for set off a Honda CRF. The SM forks are shorter with a different spring seat and comparing the inside of my 05 CRF forks what my SM service manual shows, it looks like some of the SM components may not be as strong (ie made of plastic) as the MX forks from a CR. Other issues might be the front wheel, axle, odometer drive, you may need to get the front brake setup as it may mount differently and matching disc. You might also concider the rear suspension of the SM. It utilizes a swingarm from a RM250 with a Showa rear shock.

Top Bottom