"Help finding parts supplier for my dinosaur!"

Old 462

Sep 9, 2005
SF Bay Area rider needs help finding parts. :bang:

Hi all, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Benicia to be exact) and have recently had issues finding a new kick start lever for my 1983 Honda CR480R. The local dealer/parts place has informed me that Honda now no longer manufactures this part, or any else for my dinosaur. If anyone has a line on a parts place, or a cycle salvage yard that is relatively close to where I live and/or has a good on-line parts ordering reputation, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help that you can offer me.

Thanks in advance!

Succubus

Mar 6, 2005
Sorry Old 462. I was trying to suggest an online auction site tat starts with E and ends with Bay, but the software screener would not let that be posted. I've rebuilt four bikes with parts from that untypeable site, many of them New Old Stock original parts that others had found and put up for sale. For levers it's certainly worth a try.

Pat

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Yeah anybody can say what they will about the bay of E, but it is by far the best source for anything. You have to be somewhat savvy to avoid getting ripped, but it can be done.

You can get things for FAR less than even swap meets. I got NOS preston petty fenders for between 10 and 25 dollars.!

Old 462

Sep 9, 2005
I shall certainly try the Echo Bay web site that you all have suggested. As far as the other two outfits previously mentioned, they do not have what I need, but are putting out feelers for me. I'd sure hate to trash my bike for something as simple as a kick start lever. If there are any other suggestions, I am ready for them. I thank all of you for your help and suggestions.

Old 462

Sep 9, 2005
Well, so far I have been unlucky in my quest for a kick start lever. All of the links you folks have given me have either been dead ends, or they are putting out feelers. I thank you all for your help and I won't give up looking, however, it's not looking too promising. When Honda started making the levers out of aluminum instead of making them out of steel (stupid in my opinion for a part that has to be abused like this one does) the end was spelled out.

Husky Texan

Oct 6, 2000
Keep watching the bay. There is a guy that has had replacement CR480 levers made from billet. He is selling them for under 80 bucks. Usually puts them on auction about once a week. I haven't broken mine yet, but a friend with another 480 did and bought one of the billet kickers. It is VERY nice.

Old 462

Sep 9, 2005
:cool: Thanks, I'll keep looking. If your friend has any futher information about the guy who makes the billet levers, please post it here. I would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom